PDA

View Full Version : Zion Has Left the Building

XioN980
February 10th, 2007, 00:30
He posted this on his site:

Right then, Over this past week i have been afraid to show my face online that much after what i did.

I am embarrased and shamed by the way i acted.

My actions caused a lot of negative outlook towards dcemu and to some of its users and i should never have done anything to cause such actions.

My first post was also as discrase where i flamed the site for the spamming going on in the thread even though it was brought on by myself.

I would also like to appologise to quzar who i blamed and insulted (in a bad way) for causing the flaming even though he did nothing wrong and was only making a point about the games legal status. he could have posted it to me in a private message but even if he hadv done that, someone else would have posted it.... and i had no right to react like i did.

I also like to appologise to dark alex, who i made a snide remark about in that post regarding my psps brick, which was entirely my own fault.

So after all that havoc and flaming i caused and also the bad blood between this site and dcemu, and also a few members to turn on dcemu...

I have decided to leave the scene completly as i have totaly ruined my reputation and the reputation of others with my actions, so im handing the rains over webmaster/owner role to my mate - The_Reaper.

he will be doing my job on the site now as i wont be here any longer,.....
kudos to everyone and i just hope you can all remember me for the good things i did rather than the bad.

We'll miss you bro, no bad blood from me here.

Raise your glasses boys, we just lost a good user :(

Destroyer699
February 10th, 2007, 00:34
I'll post here what I have posted there.

I hope you have better luck offline than you do online. I'm sure you won't ever see this, so I don't know why I'm typing it. I just feel I have to.

What you have done for some are small things. What you have done for some people are great things. I respect your decision, and I understand why you want to leave, I just wish you didn't. Its basic human instinct, to miss others. I'm sure we are all humans, so i guess a lot of people will miss him. I already miss him. The first time I really met him was in an IRC chatroom. From there I got to know him a little and he made me a moderator here. What that shows is that he is a very accepting person. I could have easily ruined some of the site after he made me a moderator, and he knew that when making me a moderator. I thank him for giving me that chance. I deeply appreciate him for what he has done.

He has done a lot of things. He has made amazing homebrew games, he has made many friends, he has made a website and moderated others. He has also been flamed, riddiculed, spammed, blamed, and morally hurt. Soem people can be so rude and hurtful online. We may not be right next to each other, but we are all still humans with thoughts and feelings. I'm not a bot, Im an actual guy typing this. So is Zion, which i guess some others forgot. I don't see why people chose to attack him. From what I can understand in our conversations, he is having a very hard time in his life. He goes on his computer to escape all that, to be Zion for that time and not be who he is in real life. To be somthing greater is what he turns his computer on. In life, I'm John, the guy with a few friends trying to get by. When I turn on my computer, I'm Destroyer699, who alot know and don't riddiclue. When Zion gets on, he faces nothing better than real life, just other people virtually hurting him. Thats why I feel bad for him. Thats also why I respect his decision to leave. If he wants to leave, he has a right to. I just hope for his sake that he has good luck in real life and escapes all the problems he faces. Maybe he will sign on one day and see this..

Mc_Logical
February 10th, 2007, 00:36
well i havent got a clue what your on about dude but it sounds like to much worry to me, what ever it is its in the past maybe people can just forget it? at the end of the day its a bunch of text on your screen.

S34MU5
February 10th, 2007, 00:41
Sad times :(

cant wait to meet The_reaper

Gene
February 10th, 2007, 00:42
well i havent got a clue what your on about dude but it sounds like to much worry to me, what ever it is its in the past maybe people can just forget it? at the end of the day its a bunch of text on your screen.

I agree.

nobody is perfect and evrybody makes mistakes.

hell look at me i can't spell for shit.
i wish you luck, and hope you reconsider leaving.

pt9087
February 10th, 2007, 00:44
at the end of the day its a bunch of text on your screen.

Nice words MC.

We all have our outbursts and i espeically.

Emeriastone
February 10th, 2007, 00:48
I don't really know what all happened but its a shame we can't just keep our emotions of it when it really matters.

There's nothing wrong with emotion but when it causes disrespect I say it's best to leave it at home.

ExcruciationX
February 10th, 2007, 00:52
WHAT??? When did this all happen??? :eek:

I've flamed people too, so I'm not sure why it would cause you to leave.

Anyways, farewell, I guess. :(

Mc_Logical
February 10th, 2007, 00:57
we all will support him because ppl deserve another
chance even though i havent got a damn clue how or what started this? lol or is it what he wants? ppl to forgive him by yeah! getting emotional.

Destroyer699
February 10th, 2007, 00:57
I can say only one more thing. Reaper has some big-ass shoes to fill.

JKKDARK
February 10th, 2007, 00:58
People take the internet so serious

Malksta
February 10th, 2007, 00:59
Sad times :(

cant wait to meet The_reaper

I met him already ;)

FrostyTheSnowman
February 10th, 2007, 01:03
Sad. We'll miss ya buddy.

F9zDark
February 10th, 2007, 01:15
I see no reason for Zion apologize for anything. Quazar acted out of line, flaming a person for his work. Regardless of what Zion used to make his game, he made an effort to further the scene and no one gets bashed for making Mario style games...

Zion simply stated that he wanted HIS work protected, which aside from the few lifted pieces of art, was EVERYTHING. Quazar thought this was wrong and drove Zion's release thread into spam/flame oblivion, then closed the thread down, thus removing any hope for recovery.

I contacted the powers that be, to speak of my disapproval of such an abuse of power; but it has gone unanswered. No matter, this community is what the powers that be make of it, and if they can go about flaming people, then they should not be upset when others do the same.

And considering that someone in Quazar's position should know better, he should NOT have marred Zion's release thread and left such business to PMs...

You will be missed Zion, but do not think for a second that you should apologize...

V3N0M
February 10th, 2007, 01:31
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have been good friends with Zion for some time now, long before he was "Famous" lol. If there is one thing I know about Zion is how much he enjoys the Homebrew scene. Even though recent events have lead to this decision, I think Zion just needs a break to think things over. I'm sure he will be back someday... We can only hope anyways...

bandit
February 10th, 2007, 01:49
Just stating the facts and not bad-mouthing anyone. But zions actions have been constant even outside of public forums (in staff forums). Whether its flaming, causing problems..he'll come back and apologize. This would be a rinse (cause problems) and repeat (apologizes) situation (happens over and over).

I havent followed what happened between Quzar and Zion. Just pointing out the behind the scenes actions of what public users dont see. You may think this is just a one time thing but this actually has happened on more than one occassion. But this shouldnt stop him from doing what he is doing.

Shadowblind
February 10th, 2007, 01:55
Zion...no. Get back here. I dont really give a **** what you did (as long as you didnt kill anyone) but whoever is tryin to oust you needs to get over it. They need to get the F*** OVER IT. So Zion: GTF BACK HERE! :(

Dont leave...no reason to.

JKKDARK
February 10th, 2007, 01:56
Just stating the facts and not bad-mouthing anyone. But zions actions have been constant even outside of public forums (in staff forums). Whether its flaming, causing problems..he'll come back and apologize. This would be a rinse (cause problems) and repeat (apologizes) situation (happens over and over).

I havent followed what happened between Quzar and Zion. Just pointing out the behind the scenes actions of what public users dont see. You may think this is just a one time thing but this actually has happened on more than one occassion. But this shouldnt stop him from doing what he is doing.

Thanks, it explains why he was removed from the staff.

quzar
February 10th, 2007, 02:02

To add to that: he also used to use his staff powers to delete the problems he caused, which would explain why many public users wouldn't remember/recognize.

Anyways. So, yea. "The_Reaper" is going to be the webmaster of zionmax, take over all of Zion's ongoing projects, has only had one post on Zionmax in the thread where Zion 'left', and for the sake of explaining his having the same IP as Zion, is his next door neighbor that is using his wireless internet connection?

Well, yes, of course. That makes perfect sense. The_Reaper is a completely different person and definetly not Zion.

Definetly not.

Shadowblind
February 10th, 2007, 02:10
Quzar, I can understand your reasoning on this. As long as he isnt a mod, and if he really is sorry, I see no way he can cause more problems. But if he tried to "delete" the problems he caused, as long as there was no bad outcome upon it, can he not come back?

NoQuarter
February 10th, 2007, 02:12
lol,don't sweat the small stuff guys.
Not to speak bad about Zion but I think quzar was right about zelda being somebody else's IP.
Not to knock Zions work but I agree the community should focus more on original concepts.
Homage is fine in the right context...

Tetris999
February 10th, 2007, 02:16

I agree with jkkdark

quzar
February 10th, 2007, 02:25
Quzar, I can understand your reasoning on this. As long as he isnt a mod, and if he really is sorry, I see no way he can cause more problems. But if he tried to "delete" the problems he caused, as long as there was no bad outcome upon it, can he not come back?

He wasn't forced away from this site. He left upon his own accord. Also, I didn't mean delete in a metaphoric sense, I meant he literally used the fact that he was a mod to delete posts.

Gizmo356
February 10th, 2007, 02:28
To add to that: he also used to use his staff powers to delete the problems he caused, which would explain why many public users wouldn't remember/recognize.

Anyways. So, yea. "The_Reaper" is going to be the webmaster of zionmax, take over all of Zion's ongoing projects, has only had one post on Zionmax in the thread where Zion 'left', and for the sake of explaining his having the same IP as Zion, is his next door neighbor that is using his wireless internet connection?

Well, yes, of course. That makes perfect sense. The_Reaper is a completely different person and definetly not Zion.

Definetly not.

Actually it is true, because when I talked to him on msn he said that he is always signs on and off because he was using a wireless signal that he only go in a certain part of his house, he told me this like last month before all this happened.

Quzar you are weird:p

Tetris999
February 10th, 2007, 02:31
well i dont really respect quzar at all but i do see his point in this though and i dont see how he's connected to anything thats goin on......

mavsman4457
February 10th, 2007, 02:39
Regardless of who is wrong, who is right, who is The_Reaper and is Zion is still in the scene, this just goes to show you that no matter if you're talking to your best friend, your brother, your grandma, or just a stranger on the internet, you always need to be kind and show some respect.

Shadowblind
February 10th, 2007, 02:39
I respect both Quzar and Zion. Im interested in what problems DID he create? Also, I meant in a literal way, not metaphorical.

F9zDark
February 10th, 2007, 03:41
I respect those deserving of it, and I do respect quazar, but his actions seemed out of line in Zion's last release thread.

Then again I hadn't known that Zion caused problems in the past, so what comes around goes around I suppose.

He shouldn't have left the scene, but if he is back in the form of The_Reaper, whatever; if he needs to go to that length, then so be it.

JKKDARK
February 10th, 2007, 03:42
Wait.. Zion and The_Reaper are the same?

ExcruciationX
February 10th, 2007, 04:06
My senses tell me that the one who posted this thread is Zion.

Look at the similarity in names. ;)

AtariFreek
February 10th, 2007, 04:29
I can say only one more thing. Reaper has some big-ass shoes to fill.

Agreed, but any friend of Zions is A-OK on my list. Good luck if your reading this Reaper.

JKKDARK
February 10th, 2007, 04:48
My senses tell me that the one who posted this thread is Zion.

Look at the similarity in names. ;)

Well, a staff member is the only that can tell us if both users have the same ip. But yeah I agree with you, it's normal from Zion.

lmtlmt
February 10th, 2007, 05:22
no its not zion who posted this, it is the member formely know as apokalyptic980c and befor that known as PSPdroideka, sorry to dissapoint you.

so just to clear things up XioN980 is not zion

DPyro
February 10th, 2007, 05:31
no its not zion who posted this, it is the member formely know as apokalyptic980c and befor that known as PSPdroideka, sorry to dissapoint you.

What he said...

lmtlmt
February 10th, 2007, 05:34
damn right sucka:p

Kramer
February 10th, 2007, 07:39

Yep. I kinda find it funny:p

ExcruciationX
February 10th, 2007, 10:35
damn right sucka:p
Bounce You Sucka! :p

Malksta
February 10th, 2007, 18:12

Weird that so many of his nicks sound alot like some one else who is a coder

PSdrodika*PSmonkey*
TimmyDX*MikeDX*
Xion*Zion*

I just find it funny :P

*I do not wish to fight*

JKKDARK
February 10th, 2007, 18:32
Weird that so many of his nicks sound alot like some one else who is a coder

PSdrodika*PSmonkey*
TimmyDX*MikeDX*
Xion*Zion*

I just find it funny :P

*I do not wish to fight*

Didn't you hear about fans?

gdf
February 10th, 2007, 18:37
nooooooooooo!!! come back zion you danm fool! you obviously were just annoyed and vented your anger. don't wreck all the good work you have done and desert the people you have made happy over a ****ing stupid bunch of fights! i hope you look back here and see how sad everyone is about the departure of such a great scene contributor.

wolfpack
February 10th, 2007, 19:08
Goodbye zion, its a shame to see the zelda homebrew ending

Shrygue
February 10th, 2007, 19:35
Oh god, I come back from a good trip around the city only to hear that Zion has decided to leave the homebrew scene. That's a total shame...:(

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 10th, 2007, 23:47
Thats a shame.....I was really looking forward to the Zelda homebrew. Zion, I hope you have a change of heart, though i respect your choices. and while the apologizing is going on, I'd like to apologize for times in the past where I've acted in annoying and irritable ways. I regret it, and I'm going to try be a little more easier to be around.

cal360
February 10th, 2007, 23:50
Why is it that the best always end up like this. I will miss you Zion

LilSwish722
February 11th, 2007, 00:03
wow. this is terrible. he was a great coder and member. I'm not sure what caused this but I'm sure it had to be significant enough to affect him this bad...wow.

February 11th, 2007, 00:15
I'll post here what I have posted there.

I hope you have better luck offline than you do online. I'm sure you won't ever see this, so I don't know why I'm typing it. I just feel I have to.

What you have done for some are small things. What you have done for some people are great things. I respect your decision, and I understand why you want to leave, I just wish you didn't. Its basic human instinct, to miss others. I'm sure we are all humans, so i guess a lot of people will miss him. I already miss him. The first time I really met him was in an IRC chatroom. From there I got to know him a little and he made me a moderator here. What that shows is that he is a very accepting person. I could have easily ruined some of the site after he made me a moderator, and he knew that when making me a moderator. I thank him for giving me that chance. I deeply appreciate him for what he has done.

He has done a lot of things. He has made amazing homebrew games, he has made many friends, he has made a website and moderated others. He has also been flamed, riddiculed, spammed, blamed, and morally hurt. Soem people can be so rude and hurtful online. We may not be right next to each other, but we are all still humans with thoughts and feelings. I'm not a bot, Im an actual guy typing this. So is Zion, which i guess some others forgot. I don't see why people chose to attack him. From what I can understand in our conversations, he is having a very hard time in his life. He goes on his computer to escape all that, to be Zion for that time and not be who he is in real life. To be somthing greater is what he turns his computer on. In life, I'm John, the guy with a few friends trying to get by. When I turn on my computer, I'm Destroyer699, who alot know and don't riddiclue. When Zion gets on, he faces nothing better than real life, just other people virtually hurting him. Thats why I feel bad for him. Thats also why I respect his decision to leave. If he wants to leave, he has a right to. I just hope for his sake that he has good luck in real life and escapes all the problems he faces. Maybe he will sign on one day and see this..

oh god, it's just the internet