PDA

View Full Version : Connect to laptop via WiFi without internet connection?

MasterBeef
February 10th, 2007, 01:03
Hi!

I've been very interested in the new FTP file transferring programs (like ZX-81's) for moving stuff between a PC and PSP over WiFi.

However, all the guides and tutorials I've found only speak about doing it with a wireless router (not an in-built wireless card), or require you to be connected to the internet.

Is there any way to get my PSP and laptop (with an Intel wireless card) to detect eachother? My laptop is not on the internet in any way, and I've attempted to follow the various guides (for wireless routers), but it hasn't worked yet.

Can anyone tell me (or post a link to a guide that will help) how to get my PSP and laptop to detect eachother over WiFi?! I've turned off my firewall, set the IP, SSID and DNS on both my PSP and PC, but they never find eachother.

Thanks for your help!

Other info that might help:
PSP firmware - 3.10 OE-A
WiFi PowerSave - off
Laptop Wifi is definitely turned on
No encryption on PSP or laptop (ie: no WEP)
When I try to get the ip address from my computer by going into "Run > cmd > ipconfig /all, it doesn't show them because my laptop is not connected to the internet! >=(

pibs
February 10th, 2007, 01:57
yea i was trying this out yesterday but my wifi card isnt compatible so check your wifi card compatibility after that u can set it up like this.

go to control panel
then Network and Internet Connections
then Network Connections
open up ur wireless connections properties
go to the wireless network tab
add a preferred network name it psp or something
add a wep if u wish but i suggest no wep key first to see if your card is compatible with it
then click advance and use infrastructure access mode or ad-hoc if infrastructure doesn't work

now on ur psp when connecting u choose ur SSID the same as the connection you created probably named psp if u named it that way and put ur wep key if u got one on ur other settings address type easy and then hopefully it will work with your wifi card.

if no connection is made you might need to get a router like me :(

good luck

MasterBeef
February 10th, 2007, 02:30
Yeah, I've already tried that stuff, and set my card to ad-hoc but it never finds my psp, and my psp never finds my laptop.

I've used WiFi Sniffer 0.2, and its never found my laptop either. :S

pibs
February 10th, 2007, 08:09
same here, ive heard that the psp can do bridge connections with pc's so maybe you can do it that way? i tried but have no idea how to do that.