PDA

View Full Version : need help making a simple homebrew

buildit92
February 10th, 2007, 01:16
i have never made anything for my psp other than backgrounds, and videos. i know this might sound stuiped but i would like to make a simple homebrew . i need help making my first homebrew style which runs off the xmb not lua. what it would be is a cube that can change shapes with the shape keys and changes color with the direction keys. also i would like to have a screenshot capablity. can someone please help me. i have allot of good ideas for the psp that i would like to make but i dont know how.

Contact me at
myspace.com/kill_all7
buildit92 (aim and aol)
[email protected]

please help me, thanks,
dylan

scottyboynow
February 10th, 2007, 10:19
It would be extremly hard for a beginner, it is possible, I would start with something smaller.

buildit92
February 10th, 2007, 16:25
i dont really care how hard or how long it takes. with the right help i can make it, then i can start making more complicated homebrew games and apps. but i need to start alittle hard inorder to be able to do that. can u help, or do u no someone who can help me

splodger15
February 10th, 2007, 16:52
Before anything else you need to decide a language you are going to be coding in

C++
Or
Lua

Lua is a simple language and easy to understand. Although can be used to make some great games

C++
Best out of the both although takes longer to learn and it needs a compiler.

I would recommend Lua to start off with then move to C++ when finished with Lua

buildit92
February 10th, 2007, 22:18
i want to start with C++. i dont care how long or how hard it is, i always perferd non-lua games. do u no any websites or anyone how can help me. thanks

Ice_Cold
February 10th, 2007, 22:22
evilmana.com or ps2 dev

splodger15
February 10th, 2007, 22:23
www.psp-programming.com

buildit92
February 11th, 2007, 16:32
im taking a look at them. thanks