PDA

View Full Version : Irritating reformat Sony MS Duo issue

karaokequeen3
February 11th, 2007, 11:03
Ok, first post. I have a 2GB MSDuo Sony (not Sandisk) card of which I am forced to reformat everytime I want to add a new file to it, whether that's via the USB Mode on the PSP or via an external card reader. Everytime I don't do that move, the file always ends up corrupted.

Any tips as to minimise the problem? Or should I just give up and wait for a less flaky 4GB card? Cheers.

xcjzerox
February 11th, 2007, 11:16
where did you buy you're memory stick act

splodger15
February 11th, 2007, 11:43
Sounds fake

karaokequeen3
February 11th, 2007, 13:11
Checked out a guide on Ebay MSDuo card purchases. Looks to be the genuine article (the back lettering is etched, not printed), even though it's not recognising the Magicgate thing. The problem also manifests itself with my other MSDuo cards. So I'm still stuck...

GobboFett
February 11th, 2007, 13:36
Chances are if the PSP in the XMB doesn't recognise Magic Gate on your Memory Stick...it's fake.

karaokequeen3
February 11th, 2007, 13:54
*******! That is very, very annoying. It's usable at the moment, but I'm considering reporting this particular arsehole to eBay!

EDIT: Further inspection and research point to fake card. Goddamnit! I should have checked the packaging the first time round. Still. I didn't lose a great deal of money - only £17. That's nothing.