PDA

View Full Version : Probablilty of playing GC games in 480p on the Wii

sonikku88
February 11th, 2007, 15:47
Y'know how Blaze, the makers of Xploder, have got a High-Definition pack for PS2, which consists of a component cable and setup disc? It's just a component cable and software for setting up HD visuals, right?

Now I was thinking, if you already have a component cable for Wii, couldn't the software for activating ED settings for GC game be included in a firmware update?

skater9269
February 11th, 2007, 16:14
probably and also there could be a firmware update to allow for 720 p as well

bmemike
February 20th, 2007, 14:06
We're not going to see HD resolutions on the Wii without hardware updates. The Wii _can_ output HD with firmware updates, but we'll see a hit in frame rate and it'll ultimately worsen the experience.

sonikku88
March 9th, 2007, 21:10
I just found out that the Gamecube with component cables and a digital AV socket is capable of displaying progressive scan compatible Gamecube games in 480p.

Apparently, you just hook up everything to your ED enabled HDTV, boot up the Gamecube and hold B to bring up a message asking you if you want to use progressive scan in the game you're playing. I'm assuming this works for the Wii too.

I've been looking around the net for this and I don't think PAL Gamecube games are capable of this. I've only seen the Progressive Scan compatible mark on the back of certain US NSTC games.

So if anyone for America has a Wii, component cables, a HDTV and a Progressive Scan Gamecube game, please test this out and let me know if it works.

Plus, if anyone from PAL territories with all the above and a FreeLoader/Action Replay could do the same, that would be awesome too.

Thanks!

sonikku88
March 16th, 2007, 00:52
Sorry for double posting but if I edit, it won't show up as the most recent post.

I've made a petition to make Nintendo put 480p progressive scan support for Gamecube game when played on the Wii.

http://petitionthem.com/default.asp?sect=detail&pet=3759

Please sign it if you wish to see Gamecube games in 480p on the Wii. Even if you already play your GC games in 480p, it can be made so that it's default option for when you start up your GC games on your Wii.