PDA

View Full Version : JAP or USA Console from Lik-Sang?

Uzeless
April 16th, 2005, 08:35
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=303&products_id=2979&
Does anyone know if this is the Japanese or American console?
Is it true that the USA ones are madi in China and the Japanese ones in Japan?

Corpsical
April 16th, 2005, 09:23
Its the 1000 version so its the Japanese model UMD region 2

Corpsical

Uzeless
April 16th, 2005, 09:35
Thanks Corpsical.

internets
April 16th, 2005, 14:09
I have a 1001 PSP from the USA, and from what I have read, and a small amount of guess work, I believe the Jap and first batch of US PSP's have the Sharp LCD. I have seen pics from Lik-Sang of the Jap PSP dissected with the Sharp LCD and I have also come across a site with a dissected US PSP which also had a Sharp LCD. Also my console is made in Japan so I think Sony will start using the Samsung LCD when they move production to China

lukej101
April 16th, 2005, 14:57
a

internets
April 16th, 2005, 16:16
What makes you say that? what proof do you have?? OR do you have to say that as you paid the inflated price when they came out :D

aseddon130
April 16th, 2005, 18:27
it is better for us brits because it is region 2 (like us) and UK UMD movies should work on ours when they come out! although i have heard differently!

internets
April 16th, 2005, 18:40
Well considering you can buy Region1 UMD disks now from a well known internet site for as little as £7 delivered plus get them before UK release its not a problem, plus there will be work rounds, i have heard one company is already working on a region free workaround.

I would not be supprised tho if Region 2 UMD's purchased in the UK will not work on Jap PSP's. When I got my first PS2 in Japan, I got it back to the UK and it would not play UK DVD's as the PS2 was NTSC and the DVD was PAL, so the PS2 just said Nope..not playing it. We will have to wait and see....

leggy
April 16th, 2005, 18:41
Are we back on that story again, that the Jap PSP's have better screens than the other ones.

I don't think anyone came up with 'hard facts'.

internets
April 16th, 2005, 18:50
This is very true, again the LCD story could well have been started by ppl who paid £300 plus for their PSP's ;)

reakt
April 16th, 2005, 20:31
Are we back on that story again, that the Jap PSP's have better screens than the other ones.

I don't think anyone came up with 'hard facts'.

I totally agree with you there - no hard evidence is available to indicate the superiority of the sharp screen in the Jap version. The whole debate was started by someone who posted a picture of a comparison between a Sharp and Samsung Plasma screen. Anyway, that was a rumour started before the USA version even hit the market. Search the internet, you'll find discussion where people have compared Jap and US side by side and not noticed any different in screen quality! Take this one for example:
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/forums/thread.asp?Forum=274&Thread=422365&Type=1&NewPosts=1

I've ordered a US version - being delivered next week. I opted for the US version for the following reasons:

* It has a proper, printed manual in English!
* The warranty is valid in a country in which they speak my language! (Let's hope I can get telephone support!)
* UMD region 1 movie disks imported from USA will be far cheaper than the UK equivalents (as someone mentioned before - incidentally which site sells them for 7quid!!!)
* Also, if Sony decide to do a u-turn on game compatability, and start region-encoding the games - I'm happier with the option to import cheaper US titles than be bound to region 2.
* Over time I think the majority of the English-speaking PSP community will own the USA version. Thus, tips and tricks, hacks, workarounds, etc that I read about on the Internet are likely to work on my PSP too.
* I get the sampler disk and spiderman 2 with the USA version!!

OK so, perhaps the last point is not really a valid reason, but if anyone else tells me I should have bought the Jap version instead I'll kick some serious bottom. (take note lukej101)

Thank you,
Ric

Kpow
April 16th, 2005, 21:36
I entirely agree with all your points, the same reason I opted for the US version. Plus US movies will be out before UK as well, as usual we are behind with everything so I thought "go with the leaders".

I'm happy with my screen quality, no dead pixels and it just looks fab, all my mates just go "WOW" anyway.

psplover
April 17th, 2005, 22:57
I hate to tell you all PSP's are made in Japan. No difference in screen whatso ever. So if you wasted a assload of money for the Jap ones the only thing you got was them earlier.

reakt
April 18th, 2005, 09:09
I hate to tell you all PSP's are made in Japan. No difference in screen whatso ever. So if you wasted a assload of money for the Jap ones the only thing you got was them earlier.
Please quote your sources!

lukej101
April 18th, 2005, 13:47
a

psplover
April 18th, 2005, 14:42
Please quote your sources!
Wanna source? Open up your psp and look at it.
"Made in Japan"
Take the Japanese PSP and set it next to the US one. OMG the screens look excatly the same! Wtf! Suprised eh? Even if they switched screens there both of the same quality.

wobbler
April 18th, 2005, 14:53
I also have both a Jap and US PSP and cannot tell the difference :)

leggy
April 18th, 2005, 15:41
No difference between the JAP or USA machines and they will all be upgradeable anyway.

reakt
April 18th, 2005, 16:11
I also have both a Jap and US PSP and cannot tell the difference :)
Why on earth would you need to own 2 PSPs!?

leggy
April 18th, 2005, 16:28
Why on earth would you need to own 2 PSPs!?

So he could play with himself :D