PDA

View Full Version : possable to run homebrew with 2.60 gta idea.

buildit92
February 12th, 2007, 22:33
i have a crazy idea to run homebrew with 2.60 gta lcs. u 0pen the umd with UMDGEN the u in sertet that files from 2.00. then u run it and everything is good. but can someone tell me what was pacth file ways . thanks

dylan

joshisposer
February 12th, 2007, 23:28
First, let's think this through. How are they going to load it in the first place? Just go buy a used one at EB or GameStop. A lot of people say they are picking them up.

Cloudhunter
February 12th, 2007, 23:33
i have a crazy idea to run homebrew with 2.60 gta lcs. u 0pen the umd with UMDGEN the u in sertet that files from 2.00. then u run it and everything is good. but can someone tell me what was pacth file ways . thanks

dylan

Surprisingly, you aren't the first person to make this idiotic suggestion...

What you've got to think is, they don't have homebrew, so how could they use the iso? It's not like we have UMD burners :p

Also, it's not as simple as just placing the 2.00 update replacing the 2.60 update...

Cloudy

xg917
February 12th, 2007, 23:35
iono if its possible, if it is then i would downgrade my friend's psp

Nicko01
February 12th, 2007, 23:45
Why do people keep asking this??

buildit92
February 13th, 2007, 00:21
no i have a 3.10OE-A psp which bricked 3 times, and i'm happy with it because of recovery mode. it is just that sony pacthed GTA so homebrew can't be run on it. the thing im trying to say has anyone found what file sony pacthed so i can change that. it might sound weird but just tell me what was change so i can do it.

SSaxdude
February 13th, 2007, 00:27
You can't burn UMDs.
GTA is cheap and easy to find, I don't see how people are having a hard time finding an unpatched copy.

buildit92
February 13th, 2007, 00:40
CAN PEOPLE ANSWER MY QUESTION. WHAT FILE WAS PACTH IN GTA LCS. im all good with homebrew i just want to no so i can mess around with it.

LilSwish722
February 13th, 2007, 00:54
why not just mess around wit it on ur own. its what i do with stuff

xg917
February 13th, 2007, 00:57
You can't burn UMDs.
GTA is cheap and easy to find, I don't see how people are having a hard time finding an unpatched copy.

now dont say ebay cuz thts just cheap to say.
n block buster has them too btw, if you were going to say taht

Cloudhunter
February 13th, 2007, 01:21
CAN PEOPLE ANSWER MY QUESTION. WHAT FILE WAS PACTH IN GTA LCS. im all good with homebrew i just want to no so i can mess around with it.

There is absolutely NO POINT in knowing...

Cloudy

EvilSeph
February 13th, 2007, 18:33
I could bore you with details on what was patched and what wasn't, but what's the point? Maybe you should read what other people are typing before you even consider discovering a fix for those GTA-less people, because reading is much easier than making a discovery.

There is absolutely NO POINT. Why? Let me break it down for you:

a) Even if a game has the "2.00 Update", it doesn't mean it is unpatched/exploitable.
b) Even if you provide people with the ISO/CSO/JSO/DAX image of the unpatched game, they have NO WAY of running it. There is no way for them to load an ISO loader, since they CAN'T RUN HOMEBREW.
c) Even if you discovered what was patched, you can't simply replace the file with the old one. There are a long line of checks that will prevent against that. Even then, we still get to point d.
d) You cannot burn UMDs, so you won't be able to work around people being homebrew-less and patched GTAs, even if you were to discover which files were changed AND managed to replace them with the unpatched versions (which is NOT possible).

Clear enough?

buildit92
February 14th, 2007, 00:04
i no . i was thinking of a homebrew that unpacth the pacth GTA. so lets say you bought a gta lcs game and you wont to downgrade. but you dont feel like returning it. you give your friend which homebrew capibilty that game so he can run the homebrew app. and unpacth it so it is able to run homebrew threw it. but there is no way i can do this without just knowing what was updated. dont criticis me. im just trying to do something. so if dont like it and find it stuiped, fine just stop bothering me, if you want to help me solve unpacthing games then pm me and well see what we can do.

EvilSeph
February 14th, 2007, 02:52
There is NO POINT. You can't burn the patched ISO/CSO/JSO/DAX to a UMD anyway, so unpatching the patched files will get you nowhere.

I'm trying to save you a lot of wasted hours. No, months. But hey, if you want to ignore my and Cloudhunter's warnings, then be my guest.

EvilDooinz
February 14th, 2007, 08:54
I wouldn't let you touch my psp with a 10 foot poll mann. you can't unpatch a game that is on a READ only drive. ISO talk is not allowed here. there is no use for an unpatched iso and you cant burn a umd so once again there is no point

flu0r
February 14th, 2007, 18:10
Funny how some people with absolutely NO knowledge want to actually DOWNGRADE PSPs. Happy bricking...

No Point...

Scorchiolio
February 14th, 2007, 18:40
Seeing how it's been said before, I don't really need to state it again, but there is literally no reason to know about what files are patched. Maybe if someone finds an exploit like 2.71 had, then maybe (and believe me, maybe is a real stretch) we could downgrade a 3.03. *by the way* Don't expect to downgrade a 3.10, nigh 3.11

monkvash
February 14th, 2007, 19:26
you don't have to call him an idiot for thinking of something. i don't see u trying 2 come up with something better?

good idea but i don't think it will work.

flu0r
February 14th, 2007, 19:50
The idea sucks, as much as your comment. Why come up with a idea on a problem that has already been solved?

Vendeta
February 15th, 2007, 13:30
buildit92 your sig is WAY to big... if i recall the whole sig cant be more that 500x120 pixels...