PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable broadband speed for Xbox live?

beetroot bertie
February 13th, 2007, 20:35
I'm currently having speed issues with my broadband/isp and curious if anyone knows what an acceptable connection speed would be for Xbox live.

I'm currently getting various speeds ranging from 2669kbps (rare best d/load rate) down to 460 kbps and was wondering if anyone knew what would a suitable minimum to successfully play online without causing any lag/disruption to other players.

Any help appreciated.

Darksaviour69
February 13th, 2007, 22:10
hmm, not sure, but at times ours is at 700kps ish, and its playable, but some games are laggy and really hard to get hosting a game

Xiofire
February 13th, 2007, 23:22
i have a 4 meg connection and it runs smoothly with people from the UK, but can get laggy and hard to play against Americans. I heard somewhere, that someone played theirs through dial up with only minimul lag.
I can host pretty well aswel.
-Xiofire

BrooksyX
February 14th, 2007, 00:30
my connection is advertised as 1.5 mb DSL, but of course I get less than half of that. So I do fine on about 500kb connection with 2 other computers on the same connection. I get an occasional slow down but nothing unplayable.

mesosade
February 14th, 2007, 16:34
i have 2mb broadband...works as smooth as a cue ball.

B3njamin
December 2nd, 2008, 14:54
My dad has bought BT at 2mb although i only get 100mb/s via Ethernet cable and 54ms/s wirelessly