PDA

View Full Version : 48 channel blocks

abeisgreat
February 14th, 2007, 17:12
Ok we all know currently there are 48 channel blocks in a wii and I am pretty sure were gonna need more, cause i have around 12 vc games and 8 other channels and after i get a few more games and a few more channels itll be full so hope fully nintendos next update will have more places for channels, who agrees with me?

ICE
February 14th, 2007, 17:18
ya i think that there's a lot of people that will need more than 48 blocks

Accordion
February 14th, 2007, 18:26
im going to assume that it isnt possible to fill all 48 with the in built 512mb [is this original or formatted value?] of memory... and becuase it is not yet possible to load directly from external memory, there is not any reason to upgrade the channels...

i would also assume that once [if indeed ever] direct external loading becomes possible that nintendo would allow as many channels as needed.

it would be useful if such an upgrade happened, to have the channels appear along all axis around the default 4 windows... wouldnt wan t to need too much scolling...

Nicko01
February 14th, 2007, 19:10
I was just thinking about this a few days ago.
I think VC games should be grouped in one channel. That would clear out a lot of extra channels. Or making grouping of channels that are sorted.
then hit a button like Up Down Left or Right to switch to the different categories.
Also, how about a usb external hard drive for a wii?
That would be awesome. (wouldn't know what to put in that whole thing!)

bmemike
February 16th, 2007, 20:31
If we're going to see additional storage for the Wii, I'd expect a Wii-specific external HD instead of thumb drive or generic external HD enclosure support.

With less than 6 months since launch and already a host of working mod chips, opening up the Wii to more-easily hacked storage leads to even greater use of ROMs and stolen software.

It'd give the homebrew crew a bunch of stuff to play with, but I wouldn't expect to see anything from Nintendo until we get a few online games released.

mopex
April 6th, 2007, 03:01
Remember that you can still erase the vc games, to make more space for new ones, then if you want to play the game you erased, you just download it again for free. The backdraws for this are that this is time consuming and you will lose all the data from the games..