PDA

View Full Version : ff9 problem

BurningRage
February 14th, 2007, 19:25
is it impossible for ff9 to be run on 3.10? all other games i tried (created the images myself legally) are running without problems (well, legend of legaia freezes as soon as you use an item but ok...) but ff9 doesn't load after the playstation logo. the screen just stays black.
can anybody help?

rogoun
February 15th, 2007, 00:31
Do you rip the games from your computer? If so tell me what program you are using, and check to see if the disc is scratched up. Because I ripped FF9 and converted it to .pbp it ran just fine.

But if you just got it off some cheesey download then that's also another possibility.

As for Legend of Legaia, I had no trouble with it. I'll try to help if I can.

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 07:46
yea dude try again cause it works fine for me

BurningRage
February 15th, 2007, 11:33
I used Alcohol 120% for the image and popstation gui to convert it.

chokedbyaknife
February 17th, 2007, 06:15
my copy of ff9 is flawless, except for on the third disc in the desert palace when fighting grimlocks, it half freezes? like it still moves, and i can pause, but it doesnt do anything else.

~Dark_siN~
February 17th, 2007, 15:37
i have a PAL version of ff9. i used alcohol to convert it. used autopopstation4. didnt work at all... im on 3.10oea2.....i have no idea why this doesnt work....do i need like a plugin or something?

g00gy
February 19th, 2007, 10:40
there is alot of slowdown in FF9 i dont know how you guys got it to work flawlessly ive tried 3 copies and same problem

chokedbyaknife
February 21st, 2007, 05:13
there is alot of slowdown in FF9 i dont know how you guys got it to work flawlessly ive tried 3 copies and same problem

slowdowns? ive had none!

Gizmo356
February 21st, 2007, 05:39
magic iso is better I think.

Dak'kon
February 21st, 2007, 09:51
is it impossible for ff9 to be run on 3.10? all other games i tried (created the images myself legally) are running without problems (well, legend of legaia freezes as soon as you use an item but ok...) but ff9 doesn't load after the playstation logo. the screen just stays black.
can anybody help?

I think the problem is due to copyright protection mainly used for european squaresoft games, Final Fantasy VII and IX as a case in point.
Technically, the copyright mechanism is located somewhere in the Subchannels of your CD, which unfortunately Popstation does not use.
To overcome this problem, I think the only way (well, the only way I know of) is to apply a patch to your ISO. There are some sites on the net, which may provide you with patches for Playstations Games :-)

Good luck

splodger15
February 21st, 2007, 12:36
Or try ISO Producer