PDA

View Full Version : CD/32x emulation question

ganonbanned
February 15th, 2007, 02:42
why aren't these systems emulatable? I love them, even though I know most people dont. I made a topic about best emulators and someone said these systems arent even emulatable for the PSP. WTF? why?

JKKDARK
February 15th, 2007, 04:36
lol man. If there are not CD/32X emulators on Dreamcast, there will not be on PSP..

ganonbanned
February 23rd, 2007, 21:38
Why???

Smurph
February 23rd, 2007, 23:26
The dreamcast and PSP are barely able to emulate the genesis ALONE. Emulating SegaCD and 32X is akin to emulating 3 genesis consoles at once. Most PC emulators require a processor of at least 800MHz for it.

ganonbanned
February 23rd, 2007, 23:31
can xbox emulate these systems?

Cloudhunter
February 23rd, 2007, 23:43
can xbox emulate these systems?

Why don't you search and find out?

Cloudy

JKKDARK
February 24th, 2007, 00:04
The dreamcast and PSP are barely able to emulate the genesis ALONE. Emulating SegaCD and 32X is akin to emulating 3 genesis consoles at once. Most PC emulators require a processor of at least 800MHz for it.

I don't agree. Even Yabause DC (The Saturn emulator for Dreamcast) can get 10-15 FPS most of the games. Sega CD and 32X should be more easy. Same for the PC Engine emulator, it's getting better every release :)

Smurph
February 24th, 2007, 00:15
I don't agree. Even Yabause DC (The Saturn emulator for Dreamcast) can get 10-15 FPS most of the games. Sega CD and 32X should be more easy. Same for the PC Engine emulator, it's getting better every release :)
Last I checked, YabuseDC was in a very techdemo state. The architecture of the processors are so radically different that it makes emulating them all at once difficult. And IIRC, the saturn had something like 27 processors. Also, 10-15FPS is far from playable, which is what most people are looking for.

JKKDARK
February 24th, 2007, 00:28
Last I checked, YabuseDC was in a very techdemo state. The architecture of the processors are so radically different that it makes emulating them all at once difficult. And IIRC, the saturn had something like 27 processors. Also, 10-15FPS is far from playable, which is what most people are looking for.

YabauseDC last release was in december '06. And getting until 15 FPS is very very good. Just check the old version: the best was running the BIOS screen with 5 FPS.

ganonbanned
February 24th, 2007, 03:00
are sega 32x/cd emulatable on xbox1?

JKKDARK
February 24th, 2007, 03:07
are sega 32x/cd emulatable on xbox1?

Yes, there's an Sega CD/32X emulator for Xbox (since the Xbox specs are perfectly like a computer), but I don't remember the name of the emulator.

Shadowblind
February 24th, 2007, 03:12
May this shed a world of light onto your wishes of the xbox.

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/xemus/xbox/xemus.htm

BlueCrab
February 24th, 2007, 05:17
YabauseDC last release was in december '06. And getting until 15 FPS is very very good. Just check the old version: the best was running the BIOS screen with 5 FPS.Yabause gets on average about 4FPS on the DC while running (I have a FPS counter in my debug version). The max it has ever hit was 15.6FPS. Granted, the version released before that only ran about 1/2-1 FPS, but that's besides the point.

There's a lot of room for Yabause to improve on the Dreamcast. Some of which could help eventually with Genesis/Sega CD/32x emulation, but I wouldn't count on anything myself.