PDA

View Full Version : help Qs Qs Qs

lolhaaa
April 17th, 2005, 14:03
sorry but im wondering if i buy a psp from jp or usa will the games from europe work with the forgin psp.should i buy a psp in japan because my cusin lives there and would it cheaper and can you get a english version in jp.

imac
April 17th, 2005, 14:15
The jp version has a european setup which includes english. JP (region 1) and USA (region 2) games work on the JP PSP. JP games tend to have a mixture of JP/English menus so most now purchase USA titles which are now on stream. Purchasing UMB movie titles need to match the specific region for them to work correctly.

If you zap your own DVD's to the MP4 format then they will work across all regions.

Dan255
April 17th, 2005, 16:21
Buy a Jap PSP because: they are the same region as Europe (region 2) so you will be ably to play Europe UMD's. Also all PSP's play any games from any country because they are region free for games. Ive got a Jap PSP and it is amazing - it plays an english game perfect! P.S. when u start up the jap psp it asks you the language you want to set so when you set it to english it will all be english!

leggy
April 17th, 2005, 17:30
Buy a Jap one as the movies are region 2.

internets
April 17th, 2005, 18:54
But the US version has warranty, english manual and you can buy UMD movies as cheap as chips over the internet. The other thing to consider is just because Japan is region 2 it does not follow that the UK UMD movies will work on a Jap PSP. I had a Jap PS2 which would not play UK region 2 DVD's. We will have to wait and see.....

If you do consider a US PSP try to get one with Spiderman 2 movie as they are made in Japan, and have read (true or not i dont know) that all new PSP are now made in China

internets
April 17th, 2005, 19:04
infact read this which says that Region 2 Jap PSP's will not work with European Region 2 UMD disks!!
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4937

Kpow
April 17th, 2005, 20:11
I went US for the reasons of Warranty, cheap english movies released before we get them, and shipping times from US are quicker than Japan. Also you can buy from Canada which can be cheaper sometimes because of the good exchange when the USD goes down.

ganon
April 17th, 2005, 20:15
us version comes with spderman the movie 2 umd (limited)

Darth PSP
April 17th, 2005, 22:00
infact read this which says that Region 2 Jap PSP's will not work with European Region 2 UMD disks!!
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4937

This apparently is not true. According to sources at Sony the European PSP will be region 2, same as the JAP model and european UMD's should work on JAP PSPs.