PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with FF7

bolt
February 16th, 2007, 03:00
I've been having trouble getting FF7 to play on my PSP. I take the .img I have (the first disc only), load it in PowerISO and convert it to an .img, then run AutoPopstation v4. It runs fine, and finishes converting, but the game won't run right when I stick it on my PSP. It shows up fine, and I can run it, but after I get past the initial screen it doesn't do anything further. I'm running 3.03 OE-C, btw.

Am I doing anything wrong? I've used two different .imgs, and neither has worked for me.

Zion
February 16th, 2007, 03:12
do you have keys.bin included in your eboot folder?

bolt
February 16th, 2007, 03:32
do you have keys.bin included in your eboot folder?

In the folder with the game's .PBP? Yeah, I just added it in. It still doesn't work, and my Silent Hill runs without having keys.bin.

Zion
February 16th, 2007, 03:35
sounds like a bad dump.....

did you take the image from your own disc?

bolt
February 16th, 2007, 03:42
sounds like a bad dump.....

did you take the image from your own disc?

Really? I have two different rips, and neither has worked...

But no, I didn't get them from my own disc. I don't have my copy of FF7 anymore; that's why I wanted to get it running on my PSP...

And apparently you don't need keys.bin in 3.03 OE-C? At least that's what I see on pspupdates.

bolt
February 16th, 2007, 04:06
Well, I converted my .iso with PopStation GUI, and now it's working. So I'm assuming it was a problem with the program I was using; or maybe I input a wrong value somewhere. Either way, it's resolved. Thanks for your help.

wolfpack
February 16th, 2007, 04:08
If keys.bin wasnt in there in the first place, i dont think the game would even make it to the psone loading screen, i think it would give an error. But anyways yea you must have a bad rip bud, i play ff7 on my psp with no problem what-so-ever. Get a new copy, thats all i can suggest