PDA

View Full Version : Is my psps motherboard dead?

Zion
February 16th, 2007, 16:12
I just got the new motherboard for my psp.

took the old one out, put the new one in,...

(ive done this before btw)

turned it on and nothing....

power turns on (green light) but nothing else...

screen doesnt light up, umd doesnt spin....

is it just dead or could there be another thing i missed perhaps?

could the motherboards (not psps) baterry be dead perhaps....if so i could replace it with the battery from my briked psp

Xiofire
February 16th, 2007, 16:16
Have yew forgot to solder something? Or have yew scratched the motherboard by accident while fitting it, croosing the lines somehow? Im not that clued up on this stuff, so i can only guess.
-Xiofire

Zion
February 16th, 2007, 16:18
na i didnt damage anything when installing....

im really thinking it could be the motherboards battery

IamAbe
February 16th, 2007, 16:32
i dont have any experience with this as ive never opened my psp, to bad theres no bios beep codes, lol. if you think its the battery try changing it, is it stuck on or easy to do? if its stuck on you could de-solder the battery 'legs' from your old one and solder it to the new one. like i said tho, i have no experience with psp's internals, if you could give some more info that might be helpful tho.

Zion
February 16th, 2007, 16:35
cant think of any more info to be honest....

i did some reasearch though and apparantly taking out the battery bricks the psp?

maybe it was fake i dont know.....really upset at the moment :( cant buy another motherboard either....

IamAbe
February 16th, 2007, 17:00
ya, that makes sense cause its flash memory which clears if theres no power going to it. maybe it is the battery, that sux a** bro, i hope you get it working. where'd you get the board, ebay? tell whoever you got it from that it dosent work and get your money back.

Nicko01
February 16th, 2007, 18:17
no... taking the battery out doesn't brick it. Flash memory is non-volatile, meaning it doesn't need power to retain memory. The battery just keeps the PSP's setting stored, if you remove it, the settings are restored back to how they were when you got it.
It could be that you got a different motherboard than the one it had before. The different motherboards have different voltages (ta-79 and 81 are a certain voltage, ta-82 and 86 are a different voltage).
Check to see if they are the same motherboards. It says it on it somewhere in gold letters.

-Xandu-
February 16th, 2007, 18:23
Maybe they sold it to you bricked?!

Zion
February 16th, 2007, 18:49
no... taking the battery out doesn't brick it. Flash memory is non-volatile, meaning it doesn't need power to retain memory. The battery just keeps the PSP's setting stored, if you remove it, the settings are restored back to how they were when you got it.
It could be that you got a different motherboard than the one it had before. The different motherboards have different voltages (ta-79 and 81 are a certain voltage, ta-82 and 86 are a different voltage).
Check to see if they are the same motherboards. It says it on it somewhere in gold letters.

yeah its the same.

there both ta-079's

thanks for the help guys, i cant see any bright light at the end of the tunnel though :(

splodger15
February 16th, 2007, 20:19
Were did you buy it from Zion. You could try taking it back

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 18th, 2007, 17:37
i thought that there wasent any soldering when installing mobos. i thought it was just cables.

vision
February 19th, 2007, 02:22
Try to take it out then back in, kind of like reinstalling a program you know.... you might see that you missed something