PDA

View Full Version : Broken motherboard?

HAMMIEZ
February 17th, 2007, 15:30
OK so i had a bricked psp (stupid ThemePSP) from ages ago and i figured it was time to fix it. So i went and bought a pink psp :eek: for only £120 brand new :cool:

I planned on removing the motherboard and sticking it into my brick, then selling all the pink parts to make up the cost of the pink psp.

So i did loads of research into how to replace motherboards and opened both and removed the motherboards then put the pink mobo into the black psp and put it all together (apart from the faceplate becos i wanted to see if it worked before it was totally reassebled.

I put in the battery and flicked the power switch.... and it came on and read a umd :D

BUT the sound didnt work. So i opened it up again to see what the problem was and couldnt find anything wrong. The speaker cables were both properly attached and yet they still didnt work. So in desparation I attached a set of headphones to the psp and tried turning it on.

Then the wierdest thing happened - the bootup sound played through the psp's speakers. I was like WTF - how did that happen?!

So heres the question: have i damaged something on the board or is it just some sort of incompatibility between the voltages on a TA-081 and a TA-086 that damaged something on the wifi board (thats where the headphones plug into i think). I dont really mind having to have headphones plugged in the whole time - I just want to know if i have damaged something.

Triv1um
February 17th, 2007, 16:08
Wtf?

thats weired.

It wouldn't say its a broken motherboard because it works.

Maybe the headphone and speaker cables are on the wrong way?

just a random nooby guess.

redhotchilimando
February 19th, 2007, 07:39
no no, the wifi card connects to the daughter board that has the memory card reader and the headphone jack, and the ta82 motherboards are not compatible with older daughter boards and vice versa

Coolham23
February 19th, 2007, 13:10
I think ive had a similar problem....
Tho I havent taken apart my psp, I have used a audio jack splitter which used to screw up for a while... basically it it got switched and the sound wouldnt work and it thought the headphones were still in even when I took the splitter (and headphones) out. All it took was me to keep putting them in and out for a minute until it got it correct.
Now im going to guess mines synced with my splitter AND headphones coz I dont have that problem anymore...
- Coolham23 -

HAMMIEZ
February 20th, 2007, 12:38
no no, the wifi card connects to the daughter board that has the memory card reader and the headphone jack, and the ta82 motherboards are not compatible with older daughter boards and vice versa

thanks very much! I'll put in the other wifi board as soon as i can.