PDA

View Full Version : now ff8 problem

BurningRage
February 17th, 2007, 19:11
i purchased an all-new final fantasy 8. it's PAL.
when i convert it and try to play it the screen stays black after the playstation logo.
will converting to ntsc help?

Cloud_35
February 18th, 2007, 18:25
Yep.

What firmware version are you?

HomerSp
February 18th, 2007, 19:11
FF8 is very buggy on pops, so it's really no use (it crashes like all the time when using magic in battle).

Gene
February 18th, 2007, 22:29
FF8 is very buggy on pops, so it's really no use (it crashes like all the time when using magic in battle).

Hey, i got to disc 4 on my psp. It's all a matter of how patient you are. and how willing you are to level just about everything up to 100.>____________>

You're not getting far without charactors strong enough to wipe out edea, or ultimecia/rinoa in 1 hit, cuz they casts dispel like crazy wich aint a great thing when ff8 is unstable, and crashes randomly when magic is used.

i spent 5-10 hours on just edea, because i was trying to draw alexander and be able to beat her.

After a hella long time I got 'em.

HomerSp
February 19th, 2007, 02:13
Hey, i got to disc 4 on my psp. It's all a matter of how patient you are. and how willing you are to level just about everything up to 100.>____________>

You're not getting far without charactors strong enough to wipe out edea, or ultimecia/rinoa in 1 hit, cuz they casts dispel like crazy wich aint a great thing when ff8 is unstable, and crashes randomly when magic is used.

i spent 5-10 hours on just edea, because i was trying to draw alexander and be able to beat her.

After a hella long time I got 'em.
Ultimecia isn't that hard... Not if you have faced Omega Weapon :P

BurningRage
February 19th, 2007, 17:48
converting to ntsc had no effect at all. after reading your posts it appears to me that ff8 wouldn't be worth the trouble trying further without high chances of succeding as i have simply no idea what might be wrong. btw is it normal that i cannot see any data on the ps1 cds by using the normal explorer?
@cloud_35: I'm using 3.10oe-a, created the iso by alcohol 120% and converted using icetea1.3. hope that helps solving the problem :(

Stone Temple Pilots
April 15th, 2007, 16:30
similar problem w/ my game too. Mine is NTSC and brand new. I have a 3.10 OE-A' and I use UltraISO to make my images then I use PSX2PSP version 1.2 (newest version I believe). I don't use compression and it the game still doesn't work!When I pop the disc in, three files pop up.
1) FF8DISC1.IMG
2) SLUS_008.92
3) SYSTEM
what is wrong and will 3.30 OE correct this problem?