PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft managed to kill my gamertag

kaffie
February 17th, 2007, 19:53
I tried to log onto Xbox Live yesterday for the first time in ages and found my account had been suspended.

I had in an unrelated matter canceled the credit card used on the account. Now, as I hadn't used the Gold account for months I thought go back to Silver as its free.

Can't be done as you cannot delete a credit card on file you have to provide a new one...

So I call M$ and tell them to del the card and give me a Silver membership as its all I need which the operator says is cool.

I try to log in after the call and and My Gold is cancelled and no option for Silver is available.

I call M$ back and to my horror get told the account is canceled and that due to the way their system works No Silver is available to me and my Gamer tag (kafiend) is not available and NEVER will be again.

Gamertag gone, achievements gone EVERYTHING

I know I'm kaffie here but kafiend is almost my name, Its been my normal computer name since I had a C64 and my Internet name since I had an Amiga 500.

Turns out the operator fked it up and killed the account and not the card as I'd asked.

An hour and a half on the phone and NOBODY could help and yes I escalated the call and got up to Managers. Apparently it cannot be reinstated or even deleted from the system to start again.

The only positive point is that they are sending me a wireless adapter and some other stuff in the post as compensation and will sort me out some marketplace points.

It was infuriating as if I had used redeem card the account reverts back to silver after the points run out, not so with a canceled credit card.

Not fun :(

New gamertag is kafmunstah, add me I need new friends :P

Darksaviour69
February 19th, 2007, 09:32
well look at it this way

achievements point value = $0 or £0

loads of free stuff = $$$ or £££

i think in the end you came off the better

keefurxxcore
February 19th, 2007, 14:21
yeah at least you got free stuff.....

MasterChafed
March 12th, 2007, 15:48
wish they'd send me a wireless adapter for free thats $100.