PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Emulator?

halcyon626
February 18th, 2007, 05:12
Is there an arcade emulator for the PSP? Specifically, I'm looking for on that would play Megaman: Power Battles.

Thanks.

oafan
February 18th, 2007, 06:02
NJs CPS1 and CPS2 emulators are what your looking for, megaman power battle runs on CPS1 and the sequel power fighters runs on CPS2.

newest versions here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52962)

throughsilver
February 18th, 2007, 17:57
This is as good a place as any to ask:

With the CPS emulators being such roaring succcesses, what are the odds on other arcade emus coming out? Like Sega's Model II, Namco System 12/22... even CPS3 (playing Streetfighter III on my PSP would be beyond excellent).

Physically possible? I'd have hoped so, seeing as early 32 bit stuff was only slightly below Model II and System 12.

JKKDARK
February 18th, 2007, 19:55
Sega Model 2 never. Even it's more hard than the Saturn.

Napalm-Death
February 18th, 2007, 20:34
Well, the only Sega arcade emulation I've ever seen was in h2kaillera. http://anti3d.com/downloads.php I wonder if it was Model 2 though. CPS3 will probably never happen because they need to crack the encryption on the boards.

joshisposer
February 18th, 2007, 22:40
It's wierd, i have never heard of the capcom play system until it came out for psp. I love their games. I mean, i have played them before, just on different systems. They have great graphics, sound, movement, etc. I have never heard of CPS3 though. What games are on it? I have probably played some of them

halcyon626
February 19th, 2007, 02:04
I tried to get Megaman: The Power Battles 2 working on the CPS2 emulator, but I get an error when trying to run it, telling me not to even try to run it. Am I doing something wrong, or does the emulator really not run it? If it should be working, can someone walk me through how to get it working? I think I'm supposed to run the zip through the .bat file somehow, but the README that came with the emulator is corrupted. Thanks.

Napalm-Death
February 19th, 2007, 02:34
For Megaman to work, did you run the converter? Just double click the command converter and it should tell you to locate the rom file.

I have never heard of CPS3 though. What games are on it? I have probably played some of them
CPS3 is used for games like Marvel vs. Capcom 2, the Street Fighter 3 series, the Capcom vs SNK series (don't quote me on this.), and a few other games.

halcyon626
February 19th, 2007, 02:47
Its in a zip right now... when I unzip it no actual ROM file comes out.. just a couple of different files. None of these files are recognized by the cpsconv_all.bat when I run it (that is the one to run, right?).

Napalm-Death
February 19th, 2007, 03:18
There's the problem, you have to keep it in the zip. You NEVER have to extract arcade roms, just leave it there in the zip and then run cps2conv.bat. :)

halcyon626
February 19th, 2007, 03:23
When I run it through the cps2conv.bat, i get:

-------------------------------------------
ROM converter for CPS2 Emulator ver.2.0
-------------------------------------------

Please select ROM file.
path: C:/Documents and Settings/Chris.CHRIS-DESKTOP/Desktop/CPS2
file name: megamn2a.zip
cache name: cache/megamn2a.cache
Checking ROM file... (megamn2a)
Clone set (parent: megaman2)
ERROR: File not found or CRC32 not correct. "GFX1"
Press any button.

Thanks for the help.

Napalm-Death
February 19th, 2007, 03:29
Hm, that sounds like a bad dump. Sorry I can't help you further.

psp_sfdm
February 19th, 2007, 05:03
Actually, you should be using the romcnv_cps2.exe to convert your zipped ROM files.

Also, from the output, it's telling me that you're missing the megaman2.zip parent ROM and that you're trying to cache the daughter ROM (which is from Asia), which is why you're getting that 'ERROR: File not found or CRC32 not correct. "GFX1"' message.

halcyon626
February 19th, 2007, 06:56
OMG thank you so much you are teh roxxorz11!!1!

Seriously. Thanks.

throughsilver
February 19th, 2007, 22:23
I have never heard of CPS3 though. What games are on it? I have probably played some of them

CPS 3 info (http://www.mameworld.net/maws/mamesrc/src/mame/drivers/cps3.c)