PDA

View Full Version : Can someone post up a pack with windowsXP themed icons for the psp

gunntims0103
February 19th, 2007, 02:35
I would like for someone to upload a pack with top menu and sub menu all done in windows themed icons. Please if possible post a pic of it as well.

Thanks you!

BTW all ready in .RCO format

Vendeta
February 19th, 2007, 02:44
O_o windows sucks... I could do it if i wanted...

EvilDooinz
February 19th, 2007, 03:30
not the best icon set but here ya go
xp theme (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48871)

gunntims0103
February 19th, 2007, 18:22
I think that pack makes some of the xmb icons mess up like the camera icon and such. i also want the sub icons as well if thats possible........

windows icons please any one?

jak66
February 19th, 2007, 19:35
gunntims, perhaps you can explain this to me, to make sure i understand right.

Dcemu does not allow custom gameboot because the tools they are made with are illegal/leaked (although the gameboots themselves are not).

However, with the custom XMB craze going around there have been threads where people have uploaded custom rcos.

Now, considering custom rcos are manually modified versions of sonys official copyrighted rcos, doesnt that make them much more illegal to distribute than unofficial uncopyrighted gameboots?

Yet people continue to upload custom rcos and are still not allowed to upload custom gameboots...

gunntims0103
February 19th, 2007, 19:42
gunntims, perhaps you can explain this to me, to make sure i understand right.

Dcemu does not allow custom gameboot because the tools they are made with are illegal/leaked (although the gameboots themselves are not).

However, with the custom XMB craze going around there have been threads where people have uploaded custom rcos.

Now, considering custom rcos are manually modified versions of sonys official copyrighted rcos, doesnt that make them much more illegal to distribute than unofficial uncopyrighted gameboots?

Yet people continue to upload custom rcos and are still not allowed to upload custom gameboots...

Gameboots and icons are two totally different things. For one gameboots are a form of media that has either been ripped from a program, game, or video. Thats were the illegal part of gameboots come in and why mods and such lock and delete threads containing them. I'm sure that if you made a gameboot that didn't contain and illegal paraphernalia that it would most likely be allowed.

Example: i just made a gameboot. This game boot shows a ps3 start up screen. Since the gameboot has a ps3 startup. It may be considered illegal and can not be posted since its a rip of the ps3 system.

on the icon side of things. Icons are merely little art icons for use on the psp's xmb. Icons can be widely distributed and i don't believe that Icons have a copywrite on them. I may be wrong however.

-back on topic-

Can anyone get me windows icons in .RCO form.

Thanks!

splodger15
February 19th, 2007, 20:01
I have found a pack with

gameboot
font
topmenu_plugin
Wallpaper

you might already have it. If you want it i will upload it and pm you with link.

gunntims0103
February 19th, 2007, 20:15
I have found a pack with

gameboot
font
topmenu_plugin
Wallpaper

you might already have it. If you want it i will upload it and pm you with link.

can you post a pic of it as i would like to see the icons. Also are there no sub icons? Can you also take out the gameboot as i don't need it and its illegal.

Thanks!

splodger15
February 19th, 2007, 20:26
I have taken the gameboot out. Here is the download for it.

All that it contains is
wallpaper
font
top menu plugin

Shadowblind
February 19th, 2007, 20:29
I know im screamin' noob when i say this, but how do ya install it?

gunntims0103
February 19th, 2007, 20:38
I know im screamin' noob when i say this, but how do ya install it?

If your on custom firmware its easy. You can use x-flash. I like to just go through recovery. All you do is go to advanced in the recovery and toggle usbflash0

once you've done that you should see the psp stuff popup on your computer. You go to vsh and then go to resource. After that drag the topmenu_plugin.RCO into it. (you might want to backup the topmenu_plugin.RCO thats all ready there).

Exit out and you have it installed :)