PDA

View Full Version : Very small games for popstation?

Baboon
February 19th, 2007, 11:35
What games do people recommend for popstation that dont take up loads of space?

Of the games that I own the best results I've had so far are by ripping them and then taking out the non recquired movies/music etc. Obviously this method doesnt work for some game as they require all of the information of the disc, but for some I've tried this is an excellent method! :)

My best results so far are for:

'Bubble Bobble featuring rainbow islands' - after ripping out the start up movie (which is piss poor and doesnt effect the game in any way) and compressing the eboot the game(s) is now just 4mb instead of around 110mb. 'Bubble Bobble 2' has gone down to 4mb and R-types (R-type 1 & 2) is now just 11mb (although for r-type I seem to have lost the in-game music).

So what other small psx games are worth picking up cheap on ebay so I rip to pops???

krazykarl
February 19th, 2007, 13:54
and exactly how did u get it that small?

Napalm-Death
February 19th, 2007, 13:59
The Raiden Project (Raiden 1 and 2) are about 24MB and they're not missing anything.:thumbup:

ICE
February 19th, 2007, 15:58
well ripped games are WAY smaller and not to hard to find either. i got tombraider 3 at 24MB right now. i now of a place to get them but i cant post.... its illegal and whatnot...

mikebeaver
February 19th, 2007, 17:32
You can use an app called "PSXur" it will allow you to rip stuff from games, its made by "Spectroplasm"
just get it from here (http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=474)

With that you can shrik almost aything you want down to a silly size, ive got Soul Edge at 30mb.

EvilDooinz
February 19th, 2007, 17:38
tekken 3 riped to about 33 mb without music/videos even the intro can be removed

mikebeaver
February 19th, 2007, 18:24
tekken 3 riped to about 33 mb without music/videos even the intro can be removed

yeah, I tried that one, only problem is that when you finnish the game it crashes after it says "King of iron fist"

EvilDooinz
February 21st, 2007, 20:08
nah just push buttons before the vid plays i have an almost compleate save if you ant it

weirdelf
February 21st, 2007, 21:51
I have Metal Slug X (not ripped) at 74mb