PDA

View Full Version : Problem running PSX games

delta625
February 20th, 2007, 01:58
I just finished downloading hot shots golf 2 off of the playstation store, yet on the first attempt to run it, i ran into the 80010002 game can't be started junk. When i opened the memory stick on my PC i noticed that i was missing the Keys.bin file that everyone talks about for popstation and such, and was wondering of if anyone else was missing that file?

1up
February 20th, 2007, 21:06
What firmware are you on?

if you want to stay there, then use google to find that file.

if you want an easy solution, upgrade to dax's custom firmware & use popstation.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 20th, 2007, 21:09
call sony and say you never got it, they might just send it to you

Shrygue
February 20th, 2007, 21:14
delta625, why not use Google and search for the KEYS.BIN file? That's how I managed to get it.

hodgy47
February 21st, 2007, 18:06
If your already using custom firmware you need to decrypt and decompress games from the ps3 store, software is available from da's website if running official firmware do as the above said and google it

splodger15
February 21st, 2007, 18:08
Doesnt the keys.bin file only for one PSP that it is downloaded to.

hodgy47
February 21st, 2007, 18:15
No works with any PSP problem is people dont tell you what firmware they are running which makes it difficult to help them cos your guessing all the time

-EDIT-

Delta625 put your firmware in your sig.

delta625
February 23rd, 2007, 00:18
Thanks for the advice, I got it fixed all up now. I just ended up googling it and downloading it, but I just find it wierd that it wasnt included with the official downloaded version played on an official firmware. Oh well, convinced me to go downgrade my PSP and go custom firmware! :thumbup:

SSaxdude
February 23rd, 2007, 00:34
I think the keys.bin file is created after you run the game you downloaded from the PSS store on your PSP. The keys.bin registers to your PSP, so others (unless running DA's 3.XX OE-X) cannot use the same game.

wolfpack
February 23rd, 2007, 01:57
google it, or use bittorrent, either might work

jak66
February 23rd, 2007, 08:03
the keys.bin file is created after running it for the first time on an OE firmware. If you ran it before you were on OE (like on 3.03, or even through devhook), you have to delete the old one then transfer it again, then keys.bin should be made. If you were to call sony they would probably ask you to send your psp in for repairs, then force the 3.11 update on it because that keys.bin file has been redirected from flash2 to ms0 (thats my guess) on custom firmware