PDA

View Full Version : Is it legal to sell a psp that has homebrew?

saqib154
February 20th, 2007, 02:06
im thinking about selling my pspon ebay.
im going to say that it has

SuperNintendo games
Segagenisses games
Nintendo games
PSP games

also that it is a 3.10 OE-A Custom Firmware
and im going to install custom icons

as i said im selling it on ebay
can i do this

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 20th, 2007, 03:19
well, its illegal to reverse engineer the flash, so editing the icons alone is illegal :D

SSaxdude
February 20th, 2007, 04:03
I've seen people sell their 1.5s on ebay, so I don't think Sony is checking what people sell with their PSP.

vision
February 20th, 2007, 04:07
Well first off you cant put icons on it

I dont think ebay cares but dont take my word for it

JKKDARK
February 20th, 2007, 04:10
It's totally illegal. If you want to sell your PSP, remove the commercial games from your memory stick.

vision
February 20th, 2007, 04:12
Yeah hes right think about it if you cant disguss isos in forums what makes you think you can sell them lol

F9zDark
February 20th, 2007, 04:21
Well first off you cant put icons on it

Yeah you can. There are plenty of full on themes that include icons.

im thinking about selling my pspon ebay.
im going to say that it has

SuperNintendo games
Segagenisses games
Nintendo games
PSP games

also that it is a 3.10 OE-A Custom Firmware
and im going to install custom icons

as i said im selling it on ebay
can i do this

thanks

I'd like to believe that said PSP games are actual UMD copies and not on the memory stick. Because if they are on the memory stick, and you do factor them into your sale price and they were downloaded and not backed up, then that is wholly illegal. Downloading a game is one thing. Making money off of a downloaded game is entirely another story...

But what do I care, its your PSP, you can do whatever you want with it.

BrooksyX
February 20th, 2007, 04:25
You can sell your psp with the emulators on it but legally you can't include any of the roms (even though people sell them with roms all the time).

pibs
February 20th, 2007, 04:42
Kinda sucks though cuz ur making a profit off someone elses work that wus intended to be free. But then I guess you can sell it for all the hours of manual labor u put into it:rolleyes:

ACID
February 20th, 2007, 05:26
Well tis not legally just look at the ebay rules regarding. gaming and all that. But you can still sale it as an original 1.50 and make good money from it.

Darksaviour69
February 20th, 2007, 10:18
you can't sell the roms, but you can sell anything under GPL licence (which most emulators are, and some homebrew games are)

Gold Line
February 20th, 2007, 10:42
sell it as a 1.50 people will pay more for a fresh 1.50

vision
February 20th, 2007, 17:18
Yeah you can. There are plenty of full on themes that include icons.

Yeah but you cant use them for 3.10 OE-A

splodger15
February 20th, 2007, 17:36
Sell as a 1.5. You cannot mention on there that it has the capatibility to run ISO's from the memory stick.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 20th, 2007, 20:52
oh my god, whoever made a comment on me calling me a noob because i said it was illegal to reverse engineer the flash, up yours! it is, in the user agreement, u agree that you will not reverse engineer the flash, so YOU are the noob.