PDA

View Full Version : .PDF Viewer for the Nintendo DS

XImplosionX
February 21st, 2007, 22:59
Hello,
I am wondering if there is ANY way to view PDF files on the Nintendo DS.
Thanks,
X

DanTheManMS
February 21st, 2007, 23:23
The best option would probably be to export it as a series of JPEG files and then use Comic Book DS to view them. Moonshell probably wouldn't be able to handle such large images, hence why I recommend Comic Book DS instead, even though it requires you to preconvert your images on your PC.

XImplosionX
February 23rd, 2007, 00:52
The best option would probably be to export it as a series of JPEG files and then use Comic Book DS to view them. Moonshell probably wouldn't be able to handle such large images, hence why I recommend Comic Book DS instead, even though it requires you to preconvert your images on your PC.

I was thinking about Comic Book DS. Know of any good .PDF to JPEG converters?

HaTaX
March 12th, 2007, 08:39
Good free JPEG printer driver, just bring up the PDF and print it...

http://www.rarefind.com/paperlessprinter/downloads.html

Goner
March 24th, 2007, 23:33
I tried this ; open .pdf in Acrobat, Edit / Copy File to Clipboard, paste into IrfanView and save as .jpg ... looks good in ComicBookDS after converting with pictods.exe

Is there any way to set the quality (size?) of copy to clipboard in Acrobat ?

Kazayami
April 2nd, 2007, 22:11
Stick it in another program and scale it eg: photoshop. Bear in mind text may become unreadable as it scales down.

acanthe
November 9th, 2007, 14:43
I tried this ; open .pdf in Acrobat, Edit / Copy File to Clipboard, paste into IrfanView and save as .jpg ... looks good in ComicBookDS after converting with pictods.exe

Is there any way to set the quality (size?) of copy to clipboard in Acrobat ?

yeah this works well :thumbup: thanks:)

puslar_t
November 9th, 2007, 18:45
Is there anyway to make PictoDS resize to resolutions larger than 700px in height? I've asked all over the place and nobody knows. Text is just too fuzzy at this lower resolution. And I'm certain ComicBookDS can load JPEG's which are larger than the default!

puslar_t
November 12th, 2007, 20:42
Anyone?

gumgod
March 6th, 2008, 15:52
You can also use adobe acrobat professional to export the document to a series of jpegs. Just go to file > export > image > jpeg (Make sure that you make a folder specifically for the file. I didn't realize that the document that I was testing this with was over 300 pages and I sent them all to my desktop. oops. LOL Adobe also automatically names each image with the title of the document and the page number.

Sanligo
June 29th, 2008, 05:02
You could also use the paperles printer and convert it to a HTML file then view it with a program like DS Organise