PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus R9 Compatibility thread

gunntims0103
February 22nd, 2007, 01:50
Post your compatibility for games that are run on Daedalus R9. I will then update this thread accordingly.

Working-
Super Mario 64- Boots, Plays, works, No noticeable graphical glitches. everything appears to be in order, frame rate can vary from perfect in some areas to a slideshow in others.

pilotwings- boots fine, menus work fine in game is slow and has gfx issues

Boots, error ingame-
Super Smash Brothers-Boots into the game, plays the intro movie,Crashes when trying to progress at the menu.

Not working-
Pokemon Stadium- Doesn't boot, Daedalus crashes.

Technicolour
February 22nd, 2007, 01:52
Super Smash Brothers -- Boots into the game, plays the intro movie (With a few noticeable graphical glitches) Crashes when trying to progress at the menu.

EvilDooinz
February 22nd, 2007, 02:00
pilotwings - boots fine, menus work fine in game is slow and has gfx issues not sure about sound.

Technicolour
February 22nd, 2007, 02:04
Super Mario 64 -- Boots, Plays, works, No noticeable graphical glitches. everything appears to be in order, frame rate can vary from perfect in some areas to a slideshow in others.

Pokemon Stadium -- Doesn't boot, Daedalus crashes.

SkatesBest
February 22nd, 2007, 02:24
Ridge Racer 64 - Perfect in menu..once in race slows down considerably..a few graphics issues also but Its playable though:D

Shadowblind
February 22nd, 2007, 02:55
Hexen and Goldeneye are not recognized. Zelda OOT and Master Quest freeze.

joshisposer
February 22nd, 2007, 02:59
I thought this was a joke! Man, this is amazing. How is everything with sound now? I wish SSB worked though.

mcvader
February 22nd, 2007, 03:01
I posted this at the release thread as well (I hope this dosn't count as double posting lol,

StarWars Ep1 Racer: Dosn't load

C&C: Dosn't load

Goldeneye: Dosn't load

Mario64: works, big speed up

MarioKart: works, big speed up

ZeldaOOT: works, big speed up (village runs at 7-9fps)

Killer Instinct Gold: gets to title screen, won't register button input

StarCraft64: Dosn't load

Super Smash Bro's: Intro runs at over 40fps, hangs after title screen

Holy Magic 64/Quest 64: works, big speed up, with sound runs at 10-20fps!

South Park: Dosn't load

Starfox: works, in game at 15-20fps

Mortal Kombat 4: takes a long time to load, missing textures, runs at 6-10fps

Mortal Kombat Trilogy: Works, plays at 17-20fps fighters are black silloettes

PilotWings:loads, no 3D tho

Body Harvest: Dosn't load

Doom64:works 5-6fps, no textures, sprites messed up (not playable)

ExtremeG: Works, in game fps at 6-9

Quake64: works, 2-4fps in game, lots of clipping issues

joshisposer
February 22nd, 2007, 03:33
Has there been any games that actually gotten worse for this release? Also, what is the slow down for sound? I'm gonna post some results hopefully soon, i just need to find my folder for my roms

Edit: Mario 64 is at pretty much fullspeed with no audio. 30 fps with no sound. With audio, the game is at pretty much R6/7.
Mario Kart i think is extremely close to full speed (i've only done time trial), with sound, i get around 2 seconds for every 1 second. its around 25 fps with sound. 25-30 fps without sound.
Mario tennis does not work. it freezes at the N64 logo. With and without sound

turtleguy101
February 22nd, 2007, 03:58
Sound slows down the rom A LOT. but at least its there! expect a lot of work to be done on it in the future too. Mario kart is prety much full speed without sound... and who needs sound in language arts and sociology anyways.... that will only get you a detention... GREAT job :thumbup:

the one and only
February 22nd, 2007, 04:01
Kirby 64: Doesnt Load
Starcraft 64: EU/US dont load
Perfect Dark: Doesnt Load

joshisposer
February 22nd, 2007, 04:05
Kirby Chrystal Shards does not load up.
Spider-Man is at an uplayable rate without sound.
DK64 doesn't load.
Diddy Kongs Racing loads up, but you can't play with a blue screen.
Mario Party freezes up after the press start screen.
Nfl Blitz Special Editon freezes up after team pick. Some screen mess ups also.
I wonder the compatability of R9 is to R8.

BTW, i think maybe next release, since some games are getting pretty fast, maybe a cap for games at 60fps. I noticed with SSB menu, it's going like 75-90 and then it freezes

I have like most of my roms in .N64 and they don't work. Grrrr

joshisposer
February 22nd, 2007, 06:16
time to update the compatibility thread!!!

Gold Line
February 22nd, 2007, 12:06
Mario 64 – very playable with or without sound
Mario kart 64 – kind of slow but playable
Zelda oot – very slow but playable with no crashes

coo
February 22nd, 2007, 17:00
anyone know of a working goldeneye rom?

EDIT: LOOK! one og the goldeneye roms boots! i don't know which one though...

http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=57977

SpacemanSpiff
February 22nd, 2007, 20:55
Zelda OOT - Crashes when I open the chest with the slingshot. Has anyone managed to get around this?
EDIT: I managed to get the slingshot but the game crashed shortly afterwards :(

lale05
February 22nd, 2007, 21:03
You can get free roms -
-LINK REMOVED-

mod note-

Don't be a idiot and post warez!

kharaboudjan
February 22nd, 2007, 21:14
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, crashes in the intro scene

Mario 64 fully playable without sound!!

Mario Kart 64 fully playable without sound on time trial! :)

Castlevania 64 doesent load correctly

AeroGauge kind of ok, solid over 20 fps

star fox, almost playable without sound

Zelda OOT, very slooooow :P

xcjzerox
February 22nd, 2007, 22:56
goemon great adventure Nice but it crashes during game .. perfect but it just crashes during game play

Torak
February 23rd, 2007, 00:05
Banjo Kazooie Gets Through Intro You Can get To The Part Where Your Supposed To Press "Start" But Wont Let You Like R8.

joshisposer
February 23rd, 2007, 01:51
Why is everyone stretching their roms? I noticed that one of my roms actually is 16x9. It added to the sides of the screen. I noticed it's stretched on the screen shots. I also heard someone got SSB working, not at full speed of course though.
More Combat:
007: The World is Not Enough runs at a slow speed but also has some graphical glitches. It is playable
Aero Gauge runs at a pretty great speed. With sound, about 2 seconds for every one second.
All Star Tennis 99 is at a decent speed.
Glover runs slower than R8's mario but is also playable.
Mario Party does not load.
Perfect Dark does not even boot up.
Rampage: World Tour is a little bit slower than full speed. Works pretty good with sound. The menus are still messed up.
Ridge Racer 64 is at a slow but playable speed. Do not even attempt sound, it's too slow. Also, it looks like there is a wall hack.
Rugrats - Scavenger Hunt is at a pretty good sound speed. You need it to play and it's not too shabby.
Yoshi's Story does not load up.

BTW, SSB loads up if you don't have dynarec on. It looks like someone took a dump, but it smells like peaches and cream.

Zombo
February 23rd, 2007, 02:32
Where do people get Full speed on Mario :| I Honestly noticed very good speed,not full speed but good nonetheless, during the intro and in the castle,but I always get slowdown during levels.

sok98
February 23rd, 2007, 03:26
anyone found a working rom for paper mario? mines not working..

nemoseiya
February 24th, 2007, 00:06
can someone please give me a link to where I can get this emulator, I can't seem to find it anywhere, I would really apreciate it

dark heart
February 24th, 2007, 00:43
earth worm jim runs at 30 and over most of the time!

and f zero X takes a while to load then in the menu, the icons and backround go really weird and it goes up to about 80 fps, and the music sounds perfect then it freezes upon selecting a play mode.

Triv1um
February 24th, 2007, 01:02
can someone please give me a link to where I can get this emulator, I can't seem to find it anywhere, I would really apreciate it

http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/805/

joshisposer
February 24th, 2007, 02:10
This emulator really improves games that were working at a playable speed. I just wish SSB would actually work *better*. BTW, to get Super Smash Bros (SSB) to work, you have to disable Dynaric Recompilation or w/e. You can't play it really but it does load up.

xg917
February 24th, 2007, 03:20
disabling that option makes the emu slow as hell, it loads SSB but then crashes after choosing your character

joshisposer
February 24th, 2007, 05:03
Paper Mario doesn't load past name. I have heard people getting past it though.
BTW, gunntims, please update first post. We actually have a good amount of games now.

deepershade
February 24th, 2007, 12:45
I ran up this list yesterday. All testing was done by myself.

---

1080 Snowboarding - Black screen on startup
Armorines - Black screen on startup
Banjo Kazooie - Loads, but runs slowly with a variety of texture glitches. Ingame is slower than Bush during an IQ test.
Bio FREAKS - Black screen on startup
Blast Corps - Black screen on startup
Carmageddon - Loads, first few screens run at damned nice speed, until the 'Press Start' screen appears... then it appears to lock up.
Castlevania 64 - Loads, but crashes after the RARE logo.
Castlevania LOD - 'No "CASTLEV Note found. Note Now'... whatever that means. Won't load further.
Duke Nukem 64 - Loads, but straight away there are major texture glitches. Unplayable unless you're Yoda.
Duke Nukem Zero Hour - Loads, fast menus, reasonably slow ingame. A few minor texture glitches.
F-Zero - Black screen on startup
Forsaken - Loads, reasonably good speed. Extremely playable.
Gauntlet Legends - Black screen on startup
Goldeneye - Won't load at all. Straight back to daedalus menu.
Harvest Moon 64 - Loads, runs slowly however with quite a bit of texture glitching.
Hexen - Loads. Menu's are at a good speed but it crashes before it gets ingame.
Jet Force Gemini - Loads with major texture glitching before crashing shortly afterwards.
John Romero's Daikatana - Loads, starting speed, but then goes to black screen after the resolution message.
Legend of Zelda OOT - Loads, runs very slowly, and has MAJOR texture glitches.
Mario Golf - Loads but has major texture and graphical glitches.
Mario Kart - Loads, runs well during TT but GP is slow
Mario Party - Loads, minor texture glitches. Crashes shortly after.
Mario Party 2 - Loads, slow ingame with major texture glitches.
Mario Party 3 - Doesn't load.
Mario Tennis - Crashes at N64 logo
Megaman 64 - Very slow ingame, and the texture glitches make it impossible to know what you're meant to be doing.
Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Loads. No glitches noticed, but speed is slow.
Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Loads, runs very slowly, major texture glitches (all chars are silhouettes).
Mortal Kombat 4 - Black screen. Won't load further.
Micro Machines 64 - Loads, runs at a decent speed. Minor graphic and texture glitches, but still playable.
Mission Impossible 64 - Runs but is slow as hell, the texture glitches make menu's unreadable.
Mystical Ninja - Loads. but has major texture glitches (menu's) and crashes before the game can start.
Neon Genesis Evangeleon - Black screen, won't load.
Nightmare Creatures - Black screen, won't load.
Nuclear Strike - Slow, but playable. Very minor texture glitches.
Shadow Man - Black screen, won't load.
Sin and Punishment - Black screen, won't load.
Snowboard Kids - Loads, but has major texture glitches. Too slow to be playable.
Snowboard Kids 2 - Loads to 'press start' screen and then blackscreens.
Star Fox 64 - Runs very well, some texture glitching, but good speed.
Star Wars Rogue Squadron - Black screen, won't load.
Star Wars Shadow of the Empire - Black screen, won't load.
Star Wars Episode I Racer - Black screen, won't load.
Star Wars Episode I Battle For Naboo - Black screen, won't load.
Starcraft 64 - Black screen, won't load.
Super Mario 64 - Runs well. Slows when a reasonable amount of activity is on screen. Minor graphic glitches (e.g. the stars texture is borked)
Super Smash Bros - Crashes just after the 'press start' screen.
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 - Menu texture glitches, unreadable menu's. Slow ingame, but still playable.
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 - See THPS2.
Turok - Black screen, won't load.
Turok 2 - Black screen, won't load.

Does not load at all
Gives some visual response to loading, but either crashes or is utterly unplayable.
Loads, but may be slow or have texture/graphic glitches
Runs at a playable level. May not be perfect however

Hope this list helps some people.
All roms were tested using no sound and expansion on for the games that required it. For the black screener's, i left the psp for about 5-10 minutes just to make sure.

DragonPimpsta
February 24th, 2007, 17:09
Banjo Kazooie Gets Through Intro You Can get To The Part Where Your Supposed To Press "Start" But Wont Let You Like R8.

i can get farther than press start... i got thru the intro movie of the witch then where banjo is talking to the mole wher eu can start walking... i did that in R8 too, its just so slow that i keep closing at that part and didnt try getting farther

DragonPimpsta
February 24th, 2007, 17:43
Snowboard Kids 2 works, without sound its kind of slow but playable... and with sound its alittle slower

LilSwish722
February 25th, 2007, 22:03
Aidyn's Chronicles - Loads up sometimes, But very slow and everything stays on the screen. Not playable.

Mario Kart 64 - Very much playable, some slowdowns, usually at 12-16 FPS

Super Mario 64 - Works almost perfect. FPS usually 18 - 23 in game.

Conker's Bad Fur Day - Doesn't Load. Not playable

Fighting Force 64 - Graphical errors. Loads up sometimes. Very Very slow. 2 - 4 FPS.

Destruction Derby 64 - Loads up sometimes. Graphic errors. Very slow if you get it to work. 1 - 4 FPS.

I have more. I'll Update later.

xcjzerox
February 25th, 2007, 22:10
Mario Party 2 works
Paper Mario works but it crashes went making file

joshisposer
February 25th, 2007, 22:45
How good is Mario Party 2? Is it playable? I wanted to play the original, but that freezes. I will stand for 2 if it is at a decent playable speed.

dark heart
February 26th, 2007, 09:04
no! fzero is a black screen for bout quarter of a minit then it starts but no starting a race!

Balthasar00
February 27th, 2007, 15:42
european games load better than Us. For instance ; Mustical ninja goemon Us crash in the intro. EUR crash in game after you go outside of goemon's house.

Torak
March 9th, 2007, 16:47
Bomberman 64.v64 loads but freeses at game start
Bomberman 64 The Second Attack.v64 doesnt load

masterelite9
March 11th, 2007, 00:25
http://i19.tinypic.com/2m2jiw5.png

http://i18.tinypic.com/2i9mbn6.png

Hey people! I've actually managed to get to the menu in Super Smash Bros.! You have to turn off the dynamic recompilation. You can only play training mode, because it freezes at the Character vs. Link screen. It's still unplayable though, since you can't see the characters.

Torak
March 11th, 2007, 00:31
http://i19.tinypic.com/2m2jiw5.png

http://i18.tinypic.com/2i9mbn6.png

Hey people! I've actually managed to get to the menu in Super Smash Bros.! You have to turn off the dynamic recompilation. You can only play training mode, because it freezes at the Character vs. Link screen. It's still unplayable though, since you can't see the characters.

Yea thats already been known... But thanks for sharing for those who might not now or those who ask for pics.

Swikity
March 11th, 2007, 01:04
Working #1: Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA

Rush 2 works 100%
Along with some minor lag, it works with almost no visual problems whatsoever.

Screenshots of it in action:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/Swikity/sd0000.png

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/Swikity/sd0001.png

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/Swikity/sd0002.png

Not Working: Perfect Dark
Devhook loads up, then crashes.

Not Working: Mission Impossible

Loads up, the menu is really hard to read, but if you manage to start the game, it crashes before you can play.

Working: 007: The World Is Not Enough

Loads up and works perfectly without any major lag. There are very few cosmetic problems, such as the character's faces looking kind of messed up, but its fine otherwise. Oh ya, and Bond's gun is really huge so you can't see it unless you look out a window and see it as big as the side of the building across the street.

Working Pics:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/Swikity/sd0000-1.png

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/Swikity/sd0001-1.png

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/Swikity/sd0002-1.png

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/Swikity/sd0004.png

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/Swikity/sd0005.png

I have way more, but I have to go so I'll post 'em later.

Xando
March 18th, 2007, 19:06
How are you getting Mario Kart 64 to work? Mine freezes as soon as I press start after options. What settings should I put? And do I use NTSC or PAL?

justinmikehunt
March 19th, 2007, 02:38
The New Tetris - Gets all the way in to levels, but the Tetriminos themselves never load, just the levels. Sound decreases performance drastically.

headbanger15
March 20th, 2007, 23:52
Here is a video of some games that worked on R9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHw9qr2LmAo

phattboy29
March 21st, 2007, 13:38
does anyone know if there is a separate "organized" thread for working N64 games? just interested in finding out if any of the wrestling games work... Wrestlemania 2000, WWF No Mercy, WWF Attitude in particular... thanks

ArcaneWolf89
March 21st, 2007, 20:40
Catslevania doesnt work

headbanger15
March 21st, 2007, 21:58
Frogs are neat.