PDA

View Full Version : Help

ots6191
February 22nd, 2007, 03:32
just bought a brand new PSP that comes with 3.11 firmware. read about the PSP Firmware 3.11 Decrypted dated February 9th, 2007, 01:31 by splodger 15, where to get PSP brew or PBP unpacker and how do i go about doing it.

IndianCheese
February 22nd, 2007, 03:53
hmmm...well you can't do much. "Decrypted" means that people who do have a homebrew-compatible PSP can emulate it (use it without permanently having it). I'm sorry, but until a 3.11 Downgrader is released, you will not be able to use homebrew.

However, there are loads of free Flash applications and games you can enjoy in the mean time here:
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-flash-homebrew.shtml

To start, I would recommend a "portal," qhich contains many games and stuff bundled into it, such as "ICP Phlash Portal" (my own), pspWxp, or X5. JJust google these.

ots6191
February 22nd, 2007, 04:17
thanks. guess i will have to wait then, will try the link u gave me. :)

ots6191
March 1st, 2007, 16:12
This is copy from the forums, I dont really understnd how to go about the downgrade, anyone can help

>>>yes as of now the downgrader by Dark_SKULL that he released just yesterday it is now possible to downgrade all you need to do is randomize idstorage area with a program called PJAY (psp Java) and then make a batch supply file that will randomize your top menu plugin of your psps xmb, thus allowing you allocate enough ram to buffer the reading process of the umd checksum, then a menu will run asking you which firmware to downgrade to.

1. http://www.pimpware.org/peejay-0.1.tar.gz

2. look up on google on how to make a batch supply file

3. plugin your charger

4. you now have firmware 1.5 !!!!! [/COLOR]

jonezybaby
March 1st, 2007, 17:07
prob a fake, most of them are!

wat forum u get this from?

g00gy
March 1st, 2007, 18:37
if there really was a all firmware downgrader everyone would definatly know

hodgy47
March 2nd, 2007, 01:37
I wouldn't use probably a bricker

ots6191
March 5th, 2007, 14:57
sorry very busy lately, here the web site
http://forums.maxconsole.net/

xg917
March 5th, 2007, 15:16
remember that Dark_THug dude that supposedly made a downgrader for TA-082, but ended up being fake. i think this guy couldve returned as DARK SKULL

ots6191
March 5th, 2007, 16:24
I read about devhook software on the forum and download it already but the readme file is not in english( funny character ) I am totally new with PSP so how do I install it to my PSP??

Triv1um
March 5th, 2007, 16:32
Wait for a legitimate downgrade for 3.11.

Dont upgrade again though.

Kichigai Mentat
March 5th, 2007, 17:03
I read about devhook software on the forum and download it already but the readme file is not in english( funny character ) I am totally new with PSP so how do I install it to my PSP??

You can't. 3.11 can't run homebrew yet, it's right out. BTW, the Dev Hook readme is in Japanese and essentially says "copy everything to the root of your memory stick, and run"

xg917
March 5th, 2007, 18:01
i actually downloaded the "supposedly" downgrader for 3.11, and this is wut the read me says:

Hi you pimpz and coderz,

It can start!!.. Sun just opened up j2me.
This version just has console (text) output only..

To run the demo just place bin\psp\kvm and bin\psp\kvm% on the PSP\GAMES dir (for 1.5).

To compile (on linux) go to j2me_cldc/build/psp and run make
(just be sure that gcc, pspdev and java is in the PATH)
It will build the psp bin and java bin files.

To run on your PSP just copy j2me_cldc/kvm/VmPsp/build/kvm and j2me_cldc/kvm/VmPsp/build/kvm% to your PSP/GAMES dir.

The eboot is for 1.5, but works probably with other versions too (not tested) just fix it with all the eboot fixers around..

For compiling existing java classes:
EVERY java class needs to be preverified prior to running on the psp.
Just check out the Makefile in j2me_cldc/build/psp for the exact commands.

Greetz,

[email protected]

wow, doesnt seem like a downgrader to me at all

Kichigai Mentat
March 7th, 2007, 14:31
Tell me about it. A 3.11 downgrader that only works in 1.50? Sure, that makes plenty of sense. There's no reason for alarm bells to be going off. And of course, Java has everything to do with it.