PDA

View Full Version : Have a PSP and wish to donate to a coder? See here! Paypal donations now supported!

gunntims0103
February 22nd, 2007, 03:52
I'm asking users on my own, for Quzar. He's a great coder with alot of experience in C. He mostly codes for the Sega Dreamcast. I would really love to see this coder get his hands on a psp as i know he could really do some great things. I know it would really benefit the psp homebrew community. For those that don't now Quzar codes in C.

Heres a page to find most of his coding work- http://www.screamcast.net/html/

He has written many ports, games, and emulators.

Heres a list of some of his works-

NeoCD v5-9
Dodgin' Diamonds 2 port
bholeDC
NanowaspDC
NeoDC
HugoDC
Biniax port
GNUrobbo port
Blobwars port
Pengswim port
Shippy1984 for DC

Work he's helped with-

GenesisPlusDC
NesterDC SE
yabause-c

Iv been trying to get him a psp for a while now. He's also promised that he would have 3 ports by the end of the year provided that he acquires a psp.

The psp thats going to be donated solely has to be homebrew compatible or able to be downgraded. Custom firmware psp's are welcome as well.

We now have paypal support.

If you wish to donate a little money via paypal that would be much appreciated.
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/paypal.gif (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&[email protected]&no_shipping=0&bn=PP-DonationsBF&charset=UTF-8)

Pm me for more details............

Donations so far:
Malksta - $21
CyruzDraxs - $20
anonymous - $100

Total: $141

Thank you all

Kaiser
February 22nd, 2007, 06:04
Quzar developing for the PSP hmmm? A very good cause indeed.

gunntims0103
February 22nd, 2007, 06:06
Quzar developing for the PSP hmmm? A very good cause indeed.

Glad you approve, its a great cause i think. As i would love to see Quzar dev on the psp. If i had a spare i would send mines right in. I only have one though. :(

Hopefully some user will donate! :)

kharaboudjan
February 22nd, 2007, 18:43
its sounds great! hope he will get a psp and starts coding :)

ICE
February 22nd, 2007, 19:45
i would but i only have one.. and i am BROKE at the moment as well..

opiate81
February 22nd, 2007, 21:54
is there somewhere we could donate money?
like a paypal account or something
my missus donated mine to me for my birthday.. and if I donated it Id probably have to start a thread asking for someone to donate a new set of balls :p

gunntims0103
February 22nd, 2007, 21:56
is there somewhere we could donate money?
like a paypal account or something
my missus donated mine to me for my birthday.. and if I donated it Id probably have to start a thread asking for someone to donate a new set of balls :p

A paypal might not be a bad idea, ill see if i can get quzar to set one up. If he hasn't gotten one already....

=Trojan=
February 22nd, 2007, 22:03
It would be nice to see those great projects released. But cant he buy a PSP himself

scottyboynow
February 22nd, 2007, 22:24
Quzar coding for the PSP, the posibilities are endless.

gunntims0103
February 22nd, 2007, 23:00
It would be nice to see those great projects released. But cant he buy a PSP himself

He mainly focuses on Dreamcast work. He can't really be bothered with something as trivial as buying a psp. Plus its something we would have to meet him halfway on. Get a Coder a psp and he'll provide us with great releases. Sounds pretty fair to me. ;)

Accordion
February 23rd, 2007, 14:45
does he want to???

gunntims0103
February 23rd, 2007, 14:47
does he want to???

yup ;), all is well i just want to see him dev on the psp. Maybe level up his coding resume :P

quzar
February 23rd, 2007, 16:52
Basically people in the irc have been asking me to start psp devving for quite some time. I know I could do some fairly nice things for it, but as I have absolutely no interest in portable gaming (I have my cell for that) or portable media (iPod+rockbox) or portable emulation, I really would only dev for it.

Why not buy one myself? Don't have 150$ to throw around. That and I figured if might be able to get one in exchange for the promise of releases. If not, I'll just go back to my DC projects and be done with the little flight of fancy.

mavsman4457
February 23rd, 2007, 17:32
Well it would be easiest if a paypal account were set up and many people could donate small amounts rather than one person donating an entire PSP.

quzar
February 23rd, 2007, 18:17
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/paypal.gif (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&[email protected]&no_shipping=0&bn=PP-DonationsBF&charset=UTF-8)

gunntims0103
February 23rd, 2007, 18:30
Finally some paypal support. I'm going to through some money your way Quzar. :)

Malksta
February 23rd, 2007, 18:36
Donated 21 dollars ;)

Kramer
February 24th, 2007, 08:08
Basically people in the irc have been asking me to start psp devving for quite some time. I know I could do some fairly nice things for it, but as I have absolutely no interest in portable gaming (I have my cell for that) or portable media (iPod+rockbox) or portable emulation, I really would only dev for it.

Why not buy one myself? Don't have 150$ to throw around. That and I figured if might be able to get one in exchange for the promise of releases. If not, I'll just go back to my DC projects and be done with the little flight of fancy.

What kind of releases?
just wondering....

Modssuck
February 24th, 2007, 09:06
I know this is mean to say but what can you develop for the psp? i dont think emulators because every emu
that is compatible for the psp have already been released......

kharaboudjan
February 24th, 2007, 13:58
well i think he can try to make better SNES and Sega Megadrive.. otherwise there is not so many systems left for the psp to emulate.. besides N64 ofcourse :P

and it has been said many times before that pc ports isnt the way to go to do great emulation on the psp ^^ but i guess quzar knows that already ;)

gunntims0103
February 24th, 2007, 19:48
Please only relate to the topic at hand which is donation for a coder to start on psp dev. psp homebrew does not mean porting every emulator out. Homebrew as its name intends is games, apps, emulation and such. Homemade applications and programs. I'm sure quzar will do well at devving for the psp. Take my advice he is no novice. ;)

Malksta
March 2nd, 2007, 16:35
*sigh*, I'm the only one who donated? Come on people O.o.

gunntims0103
March 5th, 2007, 23:31
good, i just got some money. No paypal though :(. Q, ill talk to you via pm or IRC. i might have to mail you the money. :)

wolfpack
March 8th, 2007, 01:22
would he be able to make a segaCD emulator for the psp?

h4s30
March 12th, 2007, 00:57
well i hope he gets one

ish420ism
April 6th, 2007, 08:44
*sigh*, I'm the only one who donated? Come on people O.o.

That Sux dude. :rofl: Too poor here:mad:

CyruzDraxs
April 16th, 2007, 02:53
I threw him another $20. It's all I've got at the moment, but it's better than nothing. ^_^

PSPFR3AK
April 25th, 2007, 23:01
let him do the begging

quzar
May 2nd, 2007, 02:26
I threw him another $20. It's all I've got at the moment, but it's better than nothing. ^_^

Wow, sorry it took me so long to notice this (the message to my email got spam filtered -_-). I appreciate it greatly. Hopefully when this 100$ from an anonymous source comes in, it'll be enough for me to get one for little of my own money and start putting some things out.

wolfpack
May 4th, 2007, 21:12
id help donate but i literally have no money.... id like to see great things though

BloodLust8
May 11th, 2007, 11:59
I got a Second PSP that worx but has no sound at all. If its for a person that wants to dev for the community its his. I'm located in the London Area.

quzar
May 27th, 2007, 15:43
Hrm, missed that post ( was during finals I guess). Anyways, I think it would be best to just end this campaign. There are already a few actively looking for a cheap psp for me, and so if that ever gets around to happening we'll see what happens. I'll PM the one who I ended up getting a donation from (all others were offered but not cashed in on paypal so they were refunded after a time).

Thanks anyways all.