PDA

View Full Version : PSP MSN Mesenger?

raid517
February 22nd, 2007, 16:31
Hi can anyone offer any advice on how to get MSN messenger working on the PSP?

I have tried Windows Live PSP Messenger Portal and MSN Pro-Messenger v1.3 and in the case of the first it does show up - but it doesn't offer any log-in window or any way to input text.

In the case of the secondI simply have no clue how to install it as the file came with no instructions.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Vendeta
February 22nd, 2007, 17:18
1) Open up the Pro-Messenger.zip folder
2) Copy the folder inside the Pro-Messenger.zip folder
3) Paste the folder in the PSP / COMMON folder
4) Goto your PSPs Internet Browser and enter file:/psp/common/pro-messenger/index.htm
5) Add it to your bookmarks and your done

Did you do all that?

raid517
February 22nd, 2007, 18:42
Yeah I did this (after following your instructions) however the page was very garbled - with a theme selector /colour chart type 'thingy' and a login fileld that was half hight, too narrow really to read - and located far to the left of the app and a theme selector field. To put it another way, it clearly didn't render correctly.

EvilDooinz
February 22nd, 2007, 19:11
Are you using custom fonts or any thing?

Triv1um
February 22nd, 2007, 20:42
Yeah, if you are using a custom font, it makes the browser etc. a total bitch.

raid517
February 22nd, 2007, 21:27
No no custom fonts - not that I know of anyway. At least I certainly didn't install any myself - unless the package came with some already supplied.

blackrave
February 22nd, 2007, 21:48
See that you have set the view mode to Normal and that you are connected to the Internet.

raid517
February 23rd, 2007, 00:39
View mode where exactly? You mean on my PSP? I can browse the internet with the PSP native browser - and I have no problems whatsoever having configured a static IP address. I can use PimStreamer and PSPVNC - so I don't think I have any significant problems there.

raid517
February 23rd, 2007, 01:34
OK, I'll admit it. I am hacking the PSP for my newphew - so until the start of this week I hadn't even held a PSP before. Since then however I have flashed it with a 3.10 OE-A firmware and have installed many useful apps and emulators for him.

So when I say I don't know how to change the view mode, it shouldn't come as such a great suprise.

I have a sneaking suspicion however that this might help me with some quite weird rendering in a bunch of other apps too.

So again any hints really would be appreciated.

pt9087
February 23rd, 2007, 02:54
I suggest getting Afkim. it has yahoo mess aim mess msn mess and more