PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Flash Cart Coming Soon !

wraggster
April 19th, 2005, 18:42
Lately im sure you have all heard of the Passme Device for the Nintendo DS which enables you to play Homebrew DS Games and Demos on the DS (If you have a GBA Flash Card), then last week we had <a href="http://users.belgacom.net/bn967347/" target="_blank" >Fireflys Wireless Boot Method</a> but now it seems theres a Nintendo DS Flash Cart in the making, heres the what the Nintendo DS Flash Carts specs are:

<BLOCKQUOTE>The GBA / SP / NDS 3in1 Flash cart is coming soon!
Memory size form 512Mb to 1Gb
Support NDS cart save
With Magic Key Technology
Directly support TXT / HTML / JPG / GIF / BMP / PNG / NES / SEGA GG / PC-E
/ GB / GBA / NEO(NDS)..... many file format.</BLOCKQUOTE>

Heres a Picture of the box:

wraggster
April 19th, 2005, 18:43
Thoughts on this ?

wraggster
April 19th, 2005, 18:57
Well for the Homebrew community its excellent news but not everyone will see it as such. Yes its real and youll see much more soon.

souLLy
April 19th, 2005, 19:17
great news i'd say, exciting times for the DS right now. Looks like DS homebrew is sprinting off past the PSP.

Martin
April 19th, 2005, 19:21
Sounds like great news indeed, just got a DS myself not long ago thanks to wraggster. :D

kit786
April 19th, 2005, 21:03
Sounds good, but where did you get the info on this? Can't seem to find anything about this anywhere else. Also any idea on release dates, prices, etc..

lavalord
April 19th, 2005, 22:51
Hopefully a good SNES Emu isnt far away. A flash cart, custom firmware, great hardware... things are lookin good. I just hope SFX chips can be emulated.... think of the possibilities...portable Starfox ^_^

McBacon
April 20th, 2005, 09:50
This is fantastic news, I was so impressed with my GBA Flash Linker, that I'll get one of these as soon as it becomes on sale!

As for SNES, don't get your hopes up for Super FX Chipped games, but everrything else should work a treat, *crosses fingers for earthbound*

wraggster
April 20th, 2005, 21:26
Well as you know the GBA has a ton of great emulators and the DS should see full speed versions of all of them and maybe even a Megadrive emulator

Nintendo 64 i would say is way out of range to emulate but Snes at full speed would be good.

Heres some pics off the same site as above but they are just promo banners

lavalord
April 20th, 2005, 23:39
Nintendo 64 i would say is way out of range to emulate
Yea, but then again no one thought SNES on GBA was possible and then Loopy came along.

wraggster
April 22nd, 2005, 00:26
Better screenshot and now you can see the pass me device and cart

roswell108
April 22nd, 2005, 04:51
These photos are still a bit too doctored. Oddly enough there is a slim loader III next to what looks like an XG 2005 card (www.xgflash2.com) yet I don't remember Superman (forum name for the maker of these cards) ever mentioning this card or even another company using their design. Considering he constantly updates his site and owns the rights to this design, I think this is some kind of photoshopped picture to keep interest up while they don't have any real product yet.

AlexB123
April 24th, 2005, 22:59
I knew I saw that somewhere before. Seems like the photos are doctored. By why would someone go through all that trouble? Gah....

AlexB123
April 25th, 2005, 09:49
I just noticed the "free if you are a devver"

Thats odd...
Methinks its a fake for sure, but I hope its not, lol.

roswell108
April 26th, 2005, 04:30
I sent them an email asking to get a copy as a devr, and I have gotten no responce. Apparently most of the people who have added neoflash links to their sites were added to the Neoflash site first (not vice-versa as you might assume)