PDA

View Full Version : Confused

smeikle82
February 23rd, 2007, 00:12
Okay, Im new to the whole "modding and hacking the psp" thing. The question I have is about ISO's and homebrew.
ISO's are pretty much an illegal copy of a game and as such are illegal to have, is this right?
Homebrew is independently created and is available freely or whatever and not illegal, is this correct as well?
The reason I ask this is that if my above statements are correct, would it also be illegal to make homebrew games based off of a game sold publicly?

Vendeta
February 23rd, 2007, 00:15
If your using there GFX or code yes.

JKKDARK
February 23rd, 2007, 00:17
ISO's are pretty much an illegal copy of a game and as such are illegal to have, is this right?
Make an ISO/ROM from your own game is legal.

Homebrew is independently created and is available freely or whatever and not illegal, is this correct as well?
Yes, homebrew is free and legal.

The reason I ask this is that if my above statements are correct, would it also be illegal to make homebrew games based off of a game sold publicly?
If you make the homebrew game by yourself and don't take something from the original game, it's legal.

smeikle82
February 23rd, 2007, 00:24
Thanks alot for the quick response, I just finished downgrading my psp after not using for a couple months and didnt want to end up doing something stupid with it.

hodgy47
February 23rd, 2007, 00:31
Just remember though if you sell any games you own you must destroy the copy or pass it on with the original.