PDA

View Full Version : Comments on PSX disc swapping?

Emeriastone
February 23rd, 2007, 07:55
Hey all, just wondering,

I've played through some PSX games, like FF9 up to disc 2 and because Squaresoft made each final fantasy so that you have to save when changing discs, its possible to quit and load disk two and then just use the same save file to continue playing on in the next disc.

However, when playing metal gear solid, I've come to the end of disk one and I'm prompted to insert disk two. But I can't. Duh.

So now I'm stuck with this and I'll just have to live with it--has anyone got any comments or found a way past this problem, or any games with the same problems?

Axelius
February 23rd, 2007, 10:14
Well perhaps you should use the search button more often, there are several post about this problem...

But well, there is one possibility to pass this problem (although it is not really satisfying):
Get a PSOne emulator for PC (for example ePSXe) convert the savegame from the psp into the format the emulator can read, start the game on the emulator and perform the disc swap, save your game, convert it back to the format the psp can read and you're done...
(I'm not too sure with the converting of the savegame, perhaps ePSXe can read the savegame without converting...don't know)

Or you can just download a savegame...

jonezybaby
February 23rd, 2007, 11:54
or u just edit the disk 2 image and change disk id etc to the same as disk 1. easier option id say

eambo
February 23rd, 2007, 12:41
If you use the gui's for popstation you can change the ID. Then whenever you save, you load the second disk, and load the save and it works great. I've completed FFVII on my PSP, no problems =-)

eambo
February 23rd, 2007, 12:41
Sorry for the double post, computer is lagging X.x Please delete, thanks.

Axelius
February 23rd, 2007, 12:46
If you use the gui's for popstation you can change the ID. Then whenever you save, you load the second disk, and load the save and it works great. I've completed FFVII on my PSP, no problems =-)

Yeah, but the problem is that you can't save just before you have to change the disc...

joshisposer
February 24th, 2007, 06:47
Comment, get a different game. Like spyro

krazykarl
February 25th, 2007, 04:48
I had the same problem.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48071&page=3

Link includes tutorial and savegame.

Buddy4point0
February 25th, 2007, 06:32
how do you convert epsxe saves to pops saves

althena77
February 26th, 2007, 03:59
how do you convert epsxe saves to pops saves

First you need the CWcheat plugin for POPS that will allow you to export (and later import) your save game.
On the computer you can use PSXMemTool too convert it into other formats. You can also download save games from places like GameFAQs and convert them with this tool and then import them with CWcheat into POPS.

Emeriastone
February 27th, 2007, 07:24
Well perhaps you should use the search button more often, there are several post about this problem...

But well, there is one possibility to pass this problem (although it is not really satisfying):
Get a PSOne emulator for PC (for example ePSXe) convert the savegame from the psp into the format the emulator can read, start the game on the emulator and perform the disc swap, save your game, convert it back to the format the psp can read and you're done...
(I'm not too sure with the converting of the savegame, perhaps ePSXe can read the savegame without converting...don't know)

Or you can just download a savegame...

Thanks for your kind support--pal...