PDA

View Full Version : Top Games

c_j_a
April 20th, 2005, 16:31
I have recently got my PSP and am amazed at how good it is, I got Ridge Racer with it and haven't been able to put it down.

However, I have a dilemma, whats the best game to get next? I want something that really shows just how great the PSP is. i have a friend heading over to the US, what should I get him to pick me up?

Cheers

meloe
April 20th, 2005, 17:11
Macleans Mecury is v gd.
game i have got in order i like most

1.macleans Mecury
2.Wipeout Pure
3.Twisted Metal
4. Dynsasty warriors
5. Need for Speed underground rivals
6. Metal gear Acid-only so low cuase iv got jap version
7.Luminess - Great game but give me headache if play 2 long
8. ridge racer - dont undertand what all the hype was about, too much of the same for me
9. Untold Legends
10.Gretzky Nhl

However ive got to say that i think all of these games are worth a 7/10 expecpt for gretzky which i thoughted totally sucked.

aseddon130
April 20th, 2005, 17:31
FIFA looks awesome too - its due out next week im definately getting it but im contemplating on where to get it from - i want the cheapest price i can get (obviously) and the fastest too, any1 got any suggestions???

psplover
April 20th, 2005, 17:35
There really isnt anything that super great really. Ridge Racers is the game to own.
If you like rpgs Legend of heros 3 and 4 just came out in Japan and Tales of Eternia is out in Japan also. Not much else to get really. DS and PSP have a horid selection of games right now and nothing really coming to either of them.

gtekman
April 20th, 2005, 19:41
My Personal Fav's are:
1.Lumines (great game, very addicting. I can't put it down)
2.Twisted Metal: Head On
3.Ridge Racers
4.Wipeout Pure
5.Untold Legends

I haven't played mercury yet. But I will probly rent it this weekend. I wanna buy Wipeout, I rented it and I love the webrowser.

c_j_a
April 21st, 2005, 11:28
I was thinking bout getting Spider Man 2. Anyone know if its any good?

Its got 4 1/2 stars on the Amazon review. Any thoughts?

Kpow
April 21st, 2005, 12:28
SP2 has great graphics and a nice little training section. The cut scenes are good for showing off but the game is a bit too easy, i think there are 19 levels but not that much to do on them, finished it within two days (play now and then)

Got twisted metal, that was one of my fav games on PS1 & 2 so had to get this, wasn't disappointed either. Same controls and power ups and new characters and great cut scenes/endings. One for the WOW factor when showing you mates. I have finished all but 2 of the cars and unlocked all the hidden bits and still enjoy playing it.

c_j_a
April 21st, 2005, 15:11
Is it just me or are there no really great games out yet?

psplover
April 21st, 2005, 15:52
Is it just me or are there no really great games out yet?
It's not just you gaming in general has been sucking the last 4 years. With about 4 to 7 average games coming out a year. What are called AWSOME, 10/10 Must buy titles are medocore. The markets growing into where medocoreness is above average quality. Shitty games like GTA's which lack in game play and graphics are taking over. Also things ilke Halo a weak pos FPS that compares nothing with PC FPS in quality yet still has so much overwhelming popularity for a such a average game. I blame the average person for ruining quality gaming. If games where made for gamers and not some stupid ass jock who drives his bms cry about his daddy not loving him then plays ps2 for like 30 minutes while his gf that he abuses is sucking his dick.

aseddon130
April 21st, 2005, 16:44
Shitty games like GTA's which lack in game play and graphics are taking over. Also things ilke Halo a weak pos FPS that compares nothing with PC FPS in quality yet still has so much overwhelming popularity for a such a average game.

now i gotta stop you there, there are quite a few games these days that are really great, GTA is DEFINATELY one of them, not many games give you the absolute freedom that the GTA series has done, and even though it can be quite similar when comparing the sequels they are some of the rare games in the massive library of releases that are actually worth the full £40 asking price. I cannot wait for the PSP version of the game!! :D

i agree with Halo - it can be turd especially the SP mode.

Vimes220
April 21st, 2005, 17:28
The problem for me is i can't see anything NEW. it all seems to be the same old thing.

I will get GTA but then i only ever owned the original
I will get GT4 but lets face it, i have all the other GT games so its just cos i can take it on PSP with me
I am gonna get FIFA (well you have to dont you) but its still FIFA when all is said and done.

There are some good games comming out but where is the new stuff.....

Bring back Kick Off, now that was fun:D

SchmuckofNI
April 21st, 2005, 19:30
It would be really cool if they released God of War for the PSP. That game rules for the PS2!

aseddon130
April 22nd, 2005, 00:40
yea either that or a Devil May Cry, which ive read somewhere that they are actually doing :D but when talking of PSP games the ones that are defintely on my 'to get' list are FIFA, Twisted Metal, GT4, GTA, and Tiger Woods (probably) getting bored with Ridge Racers now tbh.