PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Doom Question

Triv1um
February 23rd, 2007, 19:34
Right, sorry to be one of the many noobs to ask this question but i really want doom for the PSP.

And i really don't understand how to get it on.

Any tutorials?

Thanks very much :)

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 24th, 2007, 04:44
where are you getting confused?

keefurxxcore
February 26th, 2007, 02:05
yeah me too. this doom wad stuff is REALLY confusing....

Shadowblind
February 26th, 2007, 02:22
I've been making doom WADs for a while. Whats confusing?

keefurxxcore
February 26th, 2007, 02:37
how to use them and install them and where do i get the doom2.wad???

Shadowblind
February 26th, 2007, 02:40
doom2.wad is pretty much the whole doom game. So Downloading a doom wad that isnt the demo is illegal. You can easily rip it from a Doom game, though.

A WAD file contains all the data that makes the doom game. Doom-PSP is just an engine to run the WAD files.

Streetz
February 26th, 2007, 14:06
Shadowblind, can you provide me with some of your WAD files or links to them? Will they run on my PSP with Doompspv005plus? I try other peoples' WAD files and I always get "S_Start not found" or something is missing. Maybe you know what you're doing :).

GobboFett
February 26th, 2007, 14:39
Shadowblind, can you provide me with some of your WAD files or links to them? Will they run on my PSP with Doompspv005plus? I try other peoples' WAD files and I always get "S_Start not found" or something is missing. Maybe you know what you're doing :).

You're probably getting that error message from using a custom made Doom WAD file. The problem with Doom-PSP is that MOST of the custom WAD's don't work but all the official WAD's however do. As stated in earlier posts, asking for WAD files that are not shareware (ie; the DOOM.WAD that comes with Doom-PSP is the only shareware WAD) is ILLEGAL and will contitute banning and such. If you want DOOM on your PSP, pay for it!

Streetz
February 26th, 2007, 15:19
You're probably getting that error message from using a custom made Doom WAD file. The problem with Doom-PSP is that MOST of the custom WAD's don't work but all the official WAD's however do. As stated in earlier posts, asking for WAD files that are not shareware (ie; the DOOM.WAD that comes with Doom-PSP is the only shareware WAD) is ILLEGAL and will contitute banning and such. If you want DOOM on your PSP, pay for it!

Understood.