PDA

View Full Version : ok got my sps

ganon
April 20th, 2005, 20:18
finally got me psp yesterday
its really good but i discovered its got a ****in dead pixel!
im gonna give the guy the worst ebay feedback of his life

gtekman
April 20th, 2005, 20:31
That is a pretty frequent problem. If you have the warrenty, then send it back to Sony. If not, sorry man

psplover
April 20th, 2005, 20:37
Big ****ing deal 1 dead pixel. The average is 3. It took me 3 trade ins before I got one without any problems. I hope the guy leaves you negtive for giving him negtive for something thats not his fault and couldnt even be controlled.

Terial
April 20th, 2005, 21:26
... 3 pixels?! THREE?! you're joking right? I have a HUGE spot on my PSP with probably about 50-100 dead pixels at the top of the screen... HUGE its a giant circle that makes everything under it is black... don't worry about ONE dead pixel.. don't worry about THREE.... -_- not untill you have a big*** collection of dead pixels on your 250 dollar wonder-machine and cant get a trade in because you live in a crap, hillbilly town. I hope you get a new PSP so you won't have to worry about your tiny dead pixel

aseddon130
April 20th, 2005, 21:47
Terial is right dont be too bothered about the 1 dead pixel - its easy for me to say since i dont have any BUT ive seen them and a few of these would not bother me at all, never mind one!

William Smith
April 20th, 2005, 21:52
If its new in the box then why blame the seller?

He/She wont even have switched it on!

I got my Jap one off Ebay yesterday and apart from a cursory glance I have not scrutinised each pixel - It is great and the screen looks fine.

Oh and BTW hi everyone this is my first post as a new satisfied PSP owner.

When I am not playing the PSP I ride a Yamaha R1 - More of a buzz than Ridge Racer!

William

Psp-mad-Dazza
April 20th, 2005, 22:00
Hi,
I got my Jap PSP about 3-4 weeks ago and mine has 3 dead pixels on it but their not together...But hey i'm so over the moon with my psp i couldn't care less about 3 pixels.....

Anyway i heard that if you own a Jap PSP then Sony Europe won't except it, and it has to be sent back to Japan....Can anyone confirm this ????

Thanks

aseddon130
April 20th, 2005, 22:38
it will be true that PSP Mad Dazza, because the product came from Japan ... plus its not even out in Europe yet so they wouldnt fix and sort out a product you have when its not released

... when thats what i think anyways!

tidusuk123
April 21st, 2005, 01:07
u only have the right to leave negative feedback if you asked the seller to check the unit for dead pixels before he sent it or if he stated that there were no dead pixels - otherwise get used to it everyone. it's best to expect a few dead/stuck pixels if you are getting a PSP - i had 4 which i noticed like a week later (or maybe they developed) but too be honest that knowing factor pissed me off more than anything else. it didn't effect my gameplay, i was just pissed off that i paid £200 for something and it was perfect. anyway i sold mine and will get a UK release model - there will be better choice of games at that time and also i will check my PSP in the store to ensure no problems - something that i think everyone should do - but then there may be like 60% of psps that the store doesn't sell due to pixel problems!

ganon
April 21st, 2005, 01:11
yea i asked coz it wasnt brand new he confirmed it
also when i booted the psp it made a funny fuzzy noise and in ridge racer the sound and voice goes squeeky during the racr and the opponent cars suddenly stop on 1 of the levels and goes blurry.

I bet thats why he sold the psp to me

aseddon130
April 21st, 2005, 01:50
did he advertise it as 'used' or did he say it was brand new? also, reading your comments ganon it seems that theres a problem with the UMD disc drive thing because when i put my PSP into sleep mode while playing Ridge Racers and then boot it back up later i would resume the race as normal and then it would either stop for a second to read the music and other necessary information off the UMD or the framerate would drop for about 5 seconds or so, for the same reason. And if this is happening to you as you play it normally then the UMD drive will be a tad faulty.

thats my theory anyways ... on a happier note, are you loving it or what?? :D :D

ganon
April 21st, 2005, 02:24
yeah its not bad
he said it was used but in perfect condition....

metal gear acid is gay

tidusuk123
April 21st, 2005, 02:47
send us the ebay link so we can see it!!
also WHY would you get a used PSP? Unless you got it for like £100 or something because such a device deserves to be seen as new!

anyway ask for a refund if you can because the problems may get worse sorry to say.

ganon
April 21st, 2005, 02:53
yeah will do
i got it coz i was getting outbid on eveything else except this which i won for $385

tidusuk123
April 21st, 2005, 02:57
really you could have got a new one for that much money...
i suppose when you're bidding sometimes you just get carried away.
good luck in trying to return it.

ganon
April 21st, 2005, 03:45
yeah easily get carried away
some ****er came into the last half hour and made me bid extra $45

William Smith
April 21st, 2005, 13:02
Got mine from this outfit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8185625501&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Cost a bit more than one from Hong Kong, but they are already in the UK and no risk of Customs Duty.

Ordered 2.00pm Monday arrived 10.00am Tuesday morning.

William

tidusuk123
April 21st, 2005, 14:53
thats a nice place to buy william. i'd rather pay that little bit extra to ensure that i get something i trust. lik sang have DROPPED their prices very low but the chances of getting caught for duty and customs is high...

reakt
April 21st, 2005, 15:23
I also bought mine off ebay. it had not been opened - everything was still sealed. Got a couple of dead pixels but don't care. You only notice them if you're squinting and looking for them and if the background colour is black. Since I have the US version it has the English manual - in the manual it clearly states that a few dead pixels can be expected in an LCD display. Similar text is shown in manuals for LCD TVs.

Eric
April 21st, 2005, 15:30
Okay i am going to tell this to all of as i did work at a Radio and Electronics equipment store and i dont know now if the problem has been fixed so dont get angry at me for saying this cause it was awhile back. Alright with LCD screens and Plasma Television screens they may not be perfect and may not have every pixel working.

The reason why most of you are having this problem is cause of shipping companies and no not the person putting in the truck and putting in your hands but alot of moving and shifting can destroy pixels or a pixel. Thats one or it could be how it was made but LCD screens are known to have problems like this.

Can You Deal With 1 Blown Pixel?

Eric

Vimes220
April 21st, 2005, 18:34
sorry to hear the stories of dead pixels are still comming strong. Pleased to say that i have no dead pixels at the moment but my 20month son LOVES my PSP (i currently have it stored ontop of the wardrobe out of reach):D

btw Hello william and welcome to the mad house
(and you are welcome to it)

ganon
April 22nd, 2005, 02:47
well im selling my psp
with dead pixel info locally

aseddon130
April 22nd, 2005, 17:41
bloody hell ganon that didnt last long then.

ganon
April 22nd, 2005, 20:02
i know :(

Eric
April 24th, 2005, 18:35
Well your going to very lucky if you get a LCD screen with all pixels fully functional. Heres the funny part to Vimes220's perfect LCD screen and its sometimes people dont even notice a dead pixel on a LCD screen thinking its fully functionable. Hey i aint doubting you but when i worked for that electronics stores i never noticed dead pixels and never cared.

Eric

leggy
April 24th, 2005, 19:43
Luckily, I have no dead pixels on my PSP :-)

Vimes220
April 25th, 2005, 08:42
first job i did was search for dead pixels, and as i was doing it decided that if i did find one that i didn't care coz i was straining to find it. looked and looked but not found one. occasionally i see what appears to be a stuck pixel but it turns out to be dust on the screen :p

ganon
May 6th, 2005, 20:01
just dug this topic up to say that I gave the guy negative feedback and he refunded me £30 :) to take the feedback off which i did

Vimes220
May 6th, 2005, 21:34
nice one

ganon
May 7th, 2005, 03:52
not bothered to sell the psp ne more after hearing progress of the hacks and rips