PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy's won't work in Popstation

X-Snake-X
February 24th, 2007, 11:30
I tried Final Fantasy 8 and 9 with Popstation but they didn't worked...
I use the PAL (G) Versions of the games of course but I only stuck with a BlackScreen. Only FF7 is working.

I also tried to patch the PAL games to NTSC with Zapper and other programms but they just doesn't work.

Can somebody help me with this problem?

jonezybaby
February 24th, 2007, 11:40
there is away around it but i dunno how yet, i have the same problem!

dreamwalker
February 24th, 2007, 21:51
Firstly ensure you have DA 3.10oea' on your psp then using KingSquitters psx2psp v1.2 create the eboot.pbp again applying only the graphics fixes (not y-pos fixes). As long as you have all the necessary files in place whilst converting your psx image to pbp you place your eboot.pbp in the correct folder on your psp you should have no problems with FF9. Unfortunately FF8 suffers with random freezes for which there is currently no fix. Hope this helps.........

DragonPimpsta
February 24th, 2007, 23:40
weird, im not help but ive gotten FF7 and FF9 working... didnt try ff8 cuz i heard it has glitches or something.. I use the first popstation that came out for 3.01 or whatever it was.. i dont even compress them cuz thats been giving me problems, and it works fine for me

X-Snake-X
February 25th, 2007, 08:39
weird, im not help but ive gotten FF7 and FF9 working... didnt try ff8 cuz i heard it has glitches or something.. I use the first popstation that came out for 3.01 or whatever it was.. i dont even compress them cuz thats been giving me problems, and it works fine for me

Well... Maybe thats the problem.
I always fully compress them^^"

Maybe because of that they get corrupted...
btw. i use IceTea 1.3^^"

BurningRage
February 25th, 2007, 10:59
nah, i don't think the problem is the compression as most of my games work, all but ff9 because one disc is baaaad (sadly the first one) and ff8 probably because of some protections. i use the german pal versions as well, but, as said before it won't be the compression causing bugs, we'll probably need a way to pass the protections put up by sony/square.

dreamwalker
February 25th, 2007, 12:50
nah, i don't think the problem is the compression as most of my games work, all but ff9 because one disc is baaaad (sadly the first one) and ff8 probably because of some protections. i use the german pal versions as well, but, as said before it won't be the compression causing bugs, we'll probably need a way to pass the protections put up by sony/square.

To bypass the FFIX PAL protection, you must patch it, look here megagames.com (http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_patches_f.shtml), and look for your version. This technique works perfectly for most people with this problem, also if you wish to apply y-fix patch the correct zap config for the Y numbers is 0:4. :D

Also I believe the latest version of clonecd bypasses the protection automatically when producing the psx image file.

BurningRage
February 25th, 2007, 16:59
nah, the ff9 cd has a few baaaad scratches on it although i don't really know where they came from. i importet it straight from the usa so it ain't pal. the ff8 is a new platinum edition one, which most certainly has that pal protection. i'll try the link you posted and hope it'll work for ff8 at least =)

X-Snake-X
February 25th, 2007, 17:14
@dreamwalker
I have these .ppf files... But how can i apply them?
Should i put them in the same directory as the .pbp or what?
Or do you mean this protection fix thingy?
I'll try that protection fix thing at first^^"

btw.
I tried the new patcher from KingSquitter...
But when I convert and 100% is reached i get an error:
"Base.PBP is missing"... Where can I get this^^"

EDIT:
Yay FF8 is working! GREAT ^-^

EDITē:
Umh... Do someone of you know a good
CD Ripping tool? I use Alcohol120% but it just can't rip my pretty scratched FF7 1 CD^^"
There are to much errors and then it hangs or crashes... Do someone of you know a good
CD ripping tool which can rip scratched CD's?

dreamwalker
February 25th, 2007, 19:10
@dreamwalker
I have these .ppf files... But how can i apply them?
Should i put them in the same directory as the .pbp or what?
Or do you mean this protection fix thingy?
I'll try that protection fix thing at first^^"

btw.
I tried the new patcher from KingSquitter...
But when I convert and 100% is reached i get an error:
"Base.PBP is missing"... Where can I get this^^"

EDIT:
Yay FF8 is working! GREAT ^-^

EDITē:
Umh... Do someone of you know a good
CD Ripping tool? I use Alcohol120% but it just can't rip my pretty scratched FF7 1 CD^^"
There are to much errors and then it hangs or crashes... Do someone of you know a good
CD ripping tool which can rip scratched CD's?

OK, I assume that you have managed to use the ppf files correctly. If you still require the base.pbp I must inform you that I can not point you to this file as strictly speaking it comes from hot shots golf 2 and as such could be considered illegal. However if you wish to use a very good all inclusive converter try Zinga Burga's Simple Popstation GUI 3.00beta (http://zingaburga.freehostia.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=57). This works without the need for extra files. If you prefer KS psx2psp you can always transfer files from ZB GUI to the files folder of psx2psp v1.2.
I do not know of any tools that are particularly good for ripping scratched cd's however as you already own this game you should not feel too bad about searching hard for a "replacement" copy of it on the web. I do not condone piracy of any form :rofl:

X-Snake-X
February 26th, 2007, 16:09
Oh sry I didn't know that^^"
btw. the one from FF8 was not a ppf file.
It was only a small patching thing without ppf's.

Now I stuck with three things:
1. I still don't know what to do with the ppf files for FF9^^"

2. I managed to rip FF7... But the first video is corrupt. I shows a few stars and the sound... But I doesn't go further... Could someone please upload a savegame and the first Savepoint? I would be very thankful^^

FF8 crashes really often. Mostly in Battles when I choose "Draw" or use Limit Brakes...
Is this a known problem or am I the only one with this prob.?

wolfpack
February 26th, 2007, 17:15
Oh sry I didn't know that^^"
btw. the one from FF8 was not a ppf file.
It was only a small patching thing without ppf's.

Now I stuck with three things:
1. I still don't know what to do with the ppf files for FF9^^"

2. I managed to rip FF7... But the first video is corrupt. I shows a few stars and the sound... But I doesn't go further... Could someone please upload a savegame and the first Savepoint? I would be very thankful^^

FF8 crashes really often. Mostly in Battles when I choose "Draw" or use Limit Brakes...
Is this a known problem or am I the only one with this prob.?

well from what i hear, ff8 crashes when using magic, that could be the problem. youre just going to have to wait and see if the next custom firmwire will fix it. sorry, but youre SOL until it gets fixed.

X-Snake-X
February 26th, 2007, 17:29
Damn^^"
Ok... and whats with the other things?
I really need a Savegame from FF7.
And also a tut for the PPF patching...

dreamwalker
February 26th, 2007, 21:01
Damn^^"
Ok... and whats with the other things?
I really need a Savegame from FF7.
And also a tut for the PPF patching...

Firstly to use ppf files you need ppf-o-matic (http://files.filefront.com/ppf_o_maticrar/;6159339;;/fileinfo.html). This comes with instructions (very easy to use).

Secondly check your PM's..... :D

X-Snake-X
February 28th, 2007, 16:37
omg THX THX THX a lot!!!
^_^

dreamwalker
February 28th, 2007, 17:01
No problem my German friend. Remember, if you still encounter problems ntsc games give the best compatability with DA's 3.10oea'. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!

RoAdK1LL
March 1st, 2007, 08:53
So is there a working FF8??

I spent 35 hours playing FFVII the past few weeks, only to find that the game froze during the City Of Ancients part on disc 2, so I downloaded a different version, but when I put the eboot on, I accidently overwrite my FFVII save - Oh No!!!

What an idiot, all those hours down the pan...:(

dreamwalker
March 1st, 2007, 10:28
So is there a working FF8??

I spent 35 hours playing FFVII the past few weeks, only to find that the game froze during the City Of Ancients part on disc 2, so I downloaded a different version, but when I put the eboot on, I accidently overwrite my FFVII save - Oh No!!!

What an idiot, all those hours down the pan...:(

Sorry dude, FF8 suffers from random crashes especially when using magic etc and during boss battles (all versions of the game).
As for FF7 are you using the same version of FF7 i.e. does your new copy have the same format and game id as your previous one? What I am really asking is are you certain that you have deleted your previous save game and not just created a seperate one for this new version? Because if the version is different it will not see your previous save game.
If you are certain you can always download a new save game here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/save/197341.html) or elsewhere and continue your game. Good luck!

elitedeegull
March 1st, 2007, 14:41
Take a look at the popstation compatibility list. You may find it helpful.

RoAdK1LL
March 1st, 2007, 15:43
Sorry dude, FF8 suffers from random crashes especially when using magic etc and during boss battles (all versions of the game).
As for FF7 are you using the same version of FF7 i.e. does your new copy have the same format and game id as your previous one? What I am really asking is are you certain that you have deleted your previous save game and not just created a seperate one for this new version? Because if the version is different it will not see your previous save game.
If you are certain you can always download a new save game here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/save/197341.html) or elsewhere and continue your game. Good luck!

That could be the case. TBH I just loaded the game up and saw it had gone and I thought bo****ks and haven't turned the PSP on since. I will take a look tonight and if it has gone, I may get a save from gamefaqs, but I enjoyed building my level up myself and want to do the big battles myself.
I shall take a look.

Cheers Dreamwalker;)

RoAdK1LL
March 1st, 2007, 23:22
I checked my PSP and the saves are still there. So I somehow need to get them onto the other FFVI eboot that I downloaded.??

dreamwalker
March 2nd, 2007, 01:36
I checked my PSP and the saves are still there. So I somehow need to get them onto the other FFVI eboot that I downloaded.??

Not so simple I'm afraid. It may be possible to convert your save game using something like CWCheat but I am no expert there. My suggestion would be to create your eboot.pbp using a copy of the game from the same country as your original disc, i.e. if you started with FF7 PAL Eng SCES00867 then obtain a copy of SCES00867 or if you used FF7 PAL Ger SCES00869 then obtain a copy of SCES00869. In this manner you will not need to alter your saves and can pick up from where you stopped. If unsure of which version you have then use something like psx2psp or PsGUI300beta which automatically detect the game ID for you. I hope this helps :D