PDA

View Full Version : PSP Netplay? (Hopefully PSP-DS Cross-communication)

Kichigai Mentat
February 24th, 2007, 18:34
Hello. I own a PSP running a hacked firmware, and my friend owns a DS running a Pass-Me. Basically, I'm going to make my request brief. Are there any emulators for PSP that use NetLink (preferably using Ad Hoc WiFI) for multiplayer modes? Hopefully GameBoy or GameBoy Advance emulators? If it's a PSP emulator that does NetLink, but not sound (or something like that) I'd be cool with it.

Thanks for the help.

jak66
February 24th, 2007, 19:16
no

there is only 1 game that does PSP<->DS wifi, which is tic-tac-toe, nothing else

psiko_scweek
February 24th, 2007, 19:23
yeah, but that would be kinda cool to have that integrated into like the SNES and the NES emulators. Bomberman wifi between the two would be great. That tic-tac-toe game was open source right?

cal360
February 24th, 2007, 19:50
actually thats a good point if we can have a tic tac toe game that can communicate between 2 different types of hand-helds whats stopping us from implementing this in other games

joshisposer
February 24th, 2007, 20:49
There are different emulators at different speeds and crap for the ds and psp. It just isn't probable.

cal360
February 24th, 2007, 21:34
but if we could get the emulators to stay at a restricted speeds that will work on all of them it may be possible

xg917
February 24th, 2007, 21:36
pokemon battles all over again! lol

Triv1um
February 24th, 2007, 22:01
Yeah, i think it would be 'possible'

But it aint happening anytime soon.

cal360
February 24th, 2007, 22:10
Yeah, i think it would be 'possible'

But it aint happening anytime soon.

you never know through just the internet you don't know what is happening everywhere someone could be working on one right now while you say at this point it won't happen who knows though look how far the PSP has got right now many things we thought were impossible have became possible e.g a full speed PSX emulator

Kichigai Mentat
February 25th, 2007, 02:34
actually thats a good point if we can have a tic tac toe game that can communicate between 2 different types of hand-helds whats stopping us from implementing this in other games
Yeah, I think Marve's Trading Card Game for the PSP, PC and DS are supposed to be cross-communicative. I know the PSP and PC versions can communicate, but the part about the DS made it some what dubious. Either way, it's possible.

There are different emulators at different speeds and crap for the ds and psp. It just isn't probable.
So you're saying the DS can't emulate the GameBoy (original) at 100% speed? Because the PSP can.

but if we could get the emulators to stay at a restricted speeds that will work on all of them it may be possible
Interesting idea to tackle this problem. Instead of waiting until both sides have a 100% operable, 100% speed emulator, cut out the parts that don't work and use what does. Brilliant!

pokemon battles all over again! lol
You know, that was actually my thought on the idea. No game really has caught on in the multiplayer world quite like Pokémon, and it was a game we all played back in the day, we were kind of thinking of it as a trip down memory lane for us.

you never know through just the internet you don't know what is happening everywhere someone could be working on one right now while you say at this point it won't happen who knows though look how far the PSP has got right now many things we thought were impossible have became possible e.g a full speed PSX emulator
That's what I'm hoping. But I'm sure we'd settle for 50% speed GameBoy emulators at this point. I mean, how fast do you REALLY need Pokémon to run at? It's hardly a time-critical game.

xg917
February 25th, 2007, 02:42
yea for real :p :) this is going to be a nice objective for somebody, if only some1 can tackle this task