PDA

View Full Version : Any luck on Customizing XBM icons for MAC users?

jderosa3
February 24th, 2007, 22:50
I really want to customize my psp but it seems that ll the software out there to change the rco files is PC based... any help for us mac users?

it would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

cal360
February 24th, 2007, 23:00
the only way I can think of off the top of my head is using pre-made customised packs

DragonPimpsta
February 25th, 2007, 00:43
i have a friend who does lots of customizations on his psp that he made himself who uses a MAC... he has to use Virtual PC though, and he says its hella slow... i'd explain more but i dont know much about macs

jderosa3
February 25th, 2007, 02:45
cal360: where can I get pre made configurations at?

DragonPimpsta: Yes Virtual PC is hella slow! perfer not to even install it.

xg917
February 25th, 2007, 03:24
if its that slow for u, then i guess u dont have a fast computer. my mac runs VPC fine. im using a G4 PowerPC Apple

froggie22
February 25th, 2007, 08:09
why not just buy a PC :D way better in my opinion. im never gonna switch to mac

xg917
February 25th, 2007, 15:57

cuz maybe some ppl dont have money to buy anything else

Kichigai Mentat
February 26th, 2007, 10:43
Yes, "way better" if you thing criminally inefficient graphics processing (Aero), shady business practices (IE and WMP integration) and extreme antagonism towards competition (stated goal of crushing open source software) I'm sorry, but I've gone from Windows to Linux to Mac OS X, and I have to say that Windows is by far nowhere near as good as you make it out to be.

if its that slow for u, then i guess u dont have a fast computer. my mac runs VPC fine. im using a G4 PowerPC Apple
VPC is crazy-slow. Q (OS X port of Qemu) isn't as slow, but it's still not a great experience.

cuz maybe some ppl dont have money to buy anything else
Or because people prefer an operating system that isn't scared of including the GCC with it.

Perhaps someone should contact WATTks (http://wattks.extra.hu/) and see if he would like to port an RCO editor. I mean, he gave us Prometeus which lets us do all sorts of tinkering with various aspects of the PSP, if someone could get him the source, I'm sure he'd love to hack his own waves.

scottyboynow
February 26th, 2007, 10:50
Pre-made packs are always the best, got to the psp-hacks forum, they have forums just for various PSP modding, they have it all.

froggie22
February 27th, 2007, 12:02
Yes, "way better" if you thing criminally inefficient graphics processing (Aero), shady business practices (IE and WMP integration) and extreme antagonism towards competition (stated goal of crushing open source software) I'm sorry, but I've gone from Windows to Linux to Mac OS X, and I have to say that Windows is by far nowhere near as good as you make it out to be.

I have the new vista and i recon its pretty sweet. But different people like different things i guess so go with what ya like i recon.

Kichigai Mentat
February 27th, 2007, 21:32
I have the new vista and i recon its pretty sweet. But different people like different things i guess so go with what ya like i recon.

Well, we're getting a little off-topic, but when you consider that you need a 256 MB video card, and a high-end computer just to use Aero, yet you require at most one quarter the specifications for Exposé or Beryl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD7QraljRfM).

Triv1um
February 28th, 2007, 00:16
everything < linux

vista < dog turd

Kichigai Mentat
February 28th, 2007, 04:47
everything < linux
True that. Gnome or KDE?

vista < dog turd
Linux > OS X > Windows XP > Dog Turd > * > Vista?