PDA

View Full Version : May get a PSP

Dull Blade
February 25th, 2007, 21:38
Well, I've come into abit of money lately, and I'm thinking of getting a PSP. Now befor II buy I must ask a few questions.

1) I here that the latest frimware you can get if you want to run homwbrew is v3.03, then downgrade it to 1.5. How would you know what version an unopened psp has befor you buy it?

2) I here that in order to downgrade you need an Early copy of GTA LCS. where are these obtainable from? how do you distinguish between a lator copy and an early copy?

3) Does the motherboard version matter still?

4) Once a frimeware version 1.5, I hear that It can be upgraded to a hacked 3.03, is this hacked 3.03 able to play homebrew as good as a 1.5?

5) with a hached 3.03/1.5 are commercial games still playable?

6) What of this bricking. I know it destroys ye PSP, but how does one be infected with brick. are there files that should be avoided that cause brick?

NOTE: if I've said anything illegal, dont ban me, it was unintentional. give me a warning and I'll erease my comment and never speak of it again.

hodgy47
February 25th, 2007, 21:46
HOW TO: Tell if your PSP is homebrew compatable see picture

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the box for the letter of firmware:

No Letter = 1.50 (North-American release) Confirmed
A = 1.50
B = 1.51
C = 1.52
D = 1.52 Unconfirmed (multiple version reports)
E = 1.52
F = 2.00
G = 2.01
H = 2.50
I = 2.60
J = 2.60 Unconfirmed (multiple version reports)
K = 2.71 Unconfirmed (multiple version reports)
L = 2.80
M = 3.00 Unconfirmed (multiple version reports)
N = 3.01
O = 3.02
P = 3.03

All of the above firmwares can be downgraded to 1.50 then to custom firmware at wish. Use the tutorial section to see how to downgrade the PSP system softwares.

To see if GTA LSC is unpatched it will have the 2.00 firmware upgrade on it.

3.10oe-a is now the highest custom firmware

motherboard now does not matter

commercial games are still playable

and you will only brick if you do something wrong so when you downgrade and upgrade read the instructions very slowly and do everything they tell you and you should be ok (picture courtesy of modshark)

=Trojan=
February 25th, 2007, 21:47
1. The latest firmware is 3.11 which does not run homebrew. Get a PSP online if you want homebrew

2. early has 2.00 update later has 2.60

3.No

4.Yes even better

5.Obviously otherwise there is no point in it.

6.Corrupt flash files cause a brick

Dull Blade
February 25th, 2007, 22:10
Thank you people.

So to brick, you must do it your self by no following proper procedure.

and about the LCS, are the boxes for an early copy of GTA LCS identical to a newer copy. like would it say on the back of the box "contains frimware 2.00"?

Shrygue
February 25th, 2007, 22:17
Unpatched copies will have the serial code ULES-15100# on the disk label surface and on the spine of the box, patched ones have ULES-15100#2 instead.

Dull Blade
February 25th, 2007, 22:18
Thanks, I would want to spend $30 odd and find that I had the wrong game for the job.

hodgy47
February 25th, 2007, 22:19
No it wont say on the box but your best bet is to hire it and that way if it's not the right one you have not wasted to much money buying it.

Or you could go on ebay and pay up to $80 for it cos now they know people need them they are selling for a high price.

-EDIT-

YKB good info i did not know that.