PDA

View Full Version : psp hardware problem (need thoughts on a fix)

gunntims0103
February 26th, 2007, 05:40
okay here are the pics via attachment below. You'll notice that the back UMB drive opener is loose as you can plainly see. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Gizmo356
February 26th, 2007, 05:45
Well if its the metal hook that hold the door closed that is loose just open the psp take off the screen and tighten it.

V3N0M
February 26th, 2007, 05:50
I fixed a PSP with a similar problem only the UMD door would not close at all! :rofl: Anyways at the at the top of the UMD slot ( When UMD slot is opened ). You should see a little metal piece in the shape of a small flat hook. This piece is what closes and locks the UMD slot into place. You need to see if it is bent, if it is bent then you will need to tweek it a little back into place and hopefully this will fix your problem.

gunntims0103
February 26th, 2007, 06:02
no the hook is perfect, its the umd door itself it lopsided and won't close perfectly.......

Gizmo356
February 26th, 2007, 06:07
I remember reading about a problem like this somewhere and that all you have to do is remove a screw I'll look it up for you, there is a tutorial for it.

scottyboynow
February 26th, 2007, 10:42
I think that the axle (sorta) screw might be loose causing this, just talk your UMD drive of and put it back on, it could just be a loose screw.
Edit: is the bottom the drive lopsided aswell.

steve-b
February 26th, 2007, 11:54
the retaining spring must be slightly out of shape and not pulling that 1 corner shut properly. I've heard of this before. If you look right down the bottom of the UMD drive you can see the spring that pulls the corners in