PDA

View Full Version : PSX Multiplayer

davewozere05
February 26th, 2007, 11:52
Does anyone know how to play PS1/X games on multiplyer using PSP. There's WiFi and IRDA so why not? There's also the options to choose either Controller 1/2 in Settings? Anyone know.

System Link or 2 Controllers on AdHoc Mode!!!

Kichigai Mentat
February 26th, 2007, 16:30
Sorry, but Sony hasn't developed that in the PSX emulator, so you're out of luck. It sounds like a good idea, but the worry is latency, among most circles.

wolfpack
February 26th, 2007, 17:08
patience my friends... patience

weirdelf
February 26th, 2007, 18:09
In 3.10 oe press home, go to settings and assign the controller ports

Welshboy
February 26th, 2007, 18:47
I can't see what the big problem with latency would be?, after all normal PSP games run fine through adhoc etc. As wolf stated it's all down to patience. The emulator is still in it's infancy after all!.

Kichigai Mentat
February 27th, 2007, 06:09
I can't see what the big problem with latency would be?, after all normal PSP games run fine through adhoc etc. As wolf stated it's all down to patience. The emulator is still in it's infancy after all!.

That's because the PSP games are built to expect that kind of latency. They probably have a tolerance of up to 100 ms in Ad Hoc mode. The PSX had expectations of latency measured in µs (nanoseconds), and expected it to be very consistent. There's a huge difference between a wired "dumb" controller (IE: no microprocessor) and wireless communication (requires translation of control input to whatever protocol the emulator on the other end expects, sending the data, receiving the data, decoding it into something the emulator can use, then actually implementing the command). If a game isn't built for that, it's harder to implement than you would expect, especially if the emulator requires the console to be running at 100% above normal speed.

Vendeta
February 27th, 2007, 14:29
Yah give it time... Sony might put it in...