PDA

View Full Version : Question about upgrades and downgrades

CeeGEE -I
February 26th, 2007, 23:52
I have 3 questions on the psp. 1. Is there a downgrade for 3.02? 2. Should I upgrade my network on the psp?
3. Are downgrades better then the upgrades?

Triv1um
February 26th, 2007, 23:56
3.02 is possible to downgrade, but you need to go to 3.03 and you need a unpatched gta-lcs.

I don't understand the rest of the questions.

Shrygue
February 26th, 2007, 23:57
An unpatched UMD of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories can be identified having 2.00 update data on them as opposed to patched ones with 2.60. Also, the serial number ULES-00151# found on the the disk label will indicate it is unpathed, patched ones have ULES-00151#2.

Don't update via Network Update on your PSP as that would download the current 3.11 update package and updating to that one would screw up your change to downgrade.

hodgy47
February 27th, 2007, 02:09
Downgrades are only better than official upgrades cos if you downgrade to 1.50 you can upgrade to cutom firmware 3.10oe which is way better than 1.50 and any official upgrades out there but like said above you must goto 3.03 official first then downgrade using 3.03 downgrader (you must use unpatched version check YKB's post above for info on how to check and then upgrade to custom 3.10oe (DO NOT USE SONY UPDATES ABOVE 3.03 OR YOU WILL WAIT FOR MONTHS IF NOT YEARS TO DOWNGRADE)

pt9087
February 27th, 2007, 02:28
WoW ok downgrades are better than upgrades if your going down to 1.5... 1.5 is not sercure at all and you can nearly do anything on it. when you are at 1.5 the best thing to do is upgrade to 3.03 OE-C is dont think it would be wise to go to 3.10 OE yet because you cant change your icons very well. any more questions just ask.

CeeGEE -I
February 27th, 2007, 03:29
I'm still kinda new to the downgrading of psps but what things can you do with a downgrade?

Gold Line
February 27th, 2007, 15:57
if you downgrade to 1.50 you can play snes+n64+gba games on your psp AND WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT UPGRADE USING THE NETWORK UPDATE

CeeGEE -I
February 28th, 2007, 02:15
if you downgrade to 1.50 you can play snes+n64+gba games on your psp AND WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT UPGRADE USING THE NETWORK UPDATE

Are you saying if I DO
decide to downgrade don't upgrade through the network update. Got it!:thumbup: Is there a way to downgrade w/out going through GTA?:cool:

Dark Scion
February 28th, 2007, 02:26
Currently it is'nt possible, but with newer firmwares come new possibilities so you never know, also if you have a membership at a blockbuster or any rental store that carries psp games you can grab it there because they rarely get updated versions of games.

Gold Line
February 28th, 2007, 13:58
Are you saying if I DO
decide to downgrade don't upgrade through the network update. Got it!:thumbup: Is there a way to downgrade w/out going through GTA?:cool:

:eek: no i ment never i mean never upgrade useing the network update icon if you do it will install the newist update to your psp and that means no homebrew for you ;)

cal360
February 28th, 2007, 14:31
There is no way to downgrade without an un-patched version of GTA LCS and if you do have one DON'T upgrade using
network update use an eboot file for version 3.03

hodgy47
February 28th, 2007, 23:28
Maybe Dark Alex will remove the network update icon in any new firmware release to remove the temptation to newcomers to use it NEVER UPDATE VIA NETWORK UPDATE IT IS PSP SUICIDE.

CeeGEE -I
March 1st, 2007, 23:57
With GTA, how much of the game do I have to play in order to get the downgrade? Also I know Dark Scion was saying that there is no other way to get the downgrade accept thru GTA. I'm just now thinking about it. I think on Quick Jump.com there is a program for downgrading and getting the homebrew program. Not sure though. I'll have to check on that. I have version 3.02, is there a downgrade for that yet? :)
Thanks

CeeGEE -I
March 2nd, 2007, 00:00
I forgot to ask, you know how you can check to see what kind of version you have by looking at the psp update icon, like I said, I have version 3.02 why does my psp still say "PSP Update version2.71" How do I change that?

Thanks again

Camelot
March 2nd, 2007, 00:33
I forgot to ask, you know how you can check to see what kind of version you have by looking at the psp update icon, like I said, I have version 3.02 why does my psp still say "PSP Update version2.71" How do I change that?

Thanks again

Go to Setting/System Settings/System Info and your true fw should be next to "System Software"

If its over 2.80 then youll need to update to 3.03 by downloading the 3.03 Eboot.

You do not have to play any of the gta lcs to use the downgrader, all you have to do is have it.

hodgy47
March 2nd, 2007, 00:38
At the moment there is no other way for anybody on 2.81 up to 3.03 and if you do decide to downgrade please get all your files and software from here cos it has been used and is safe. you dont play the game you start it and when it goes to load save data it loads hen303 instead which allows you to run the downgrader

CeeGEE -I
March 2nd, 2007, 20:31
What is hen303? God, I feel so stupid now. I kinda want to do the downgrade but at the same time I want the upgrade.
By the way, I just wanted to tell everyone here that you'll all have been so nice. I've been to other ones where people were jerks.
If I do decide to get the downgrade who is the best person to PM for help?