PDA

View Full Version : 'Ultimate' black theme on 3.10 oe-a'

HAMMIEZ
February 28th, 2007, 01:36
OK I have edited the 01-12.bmp file in the 'ultimate' black theme so now it works on 3.10 oe-a'. Even though the readme says that it will only run on lower firmwares.

People have probably tried what I did - installing all the files except topmenu_plugin.rco. This usually results in a corrupted background (it shows but it's either black or a random pattern of corruption) and icons all showing as white squares (except in the music,photo,video,game menus etc.).

The cause of all this is seems to be the background being too big so I resized it to half its original size using all the smoothing i could find in photoshop to make it not look too bad.

If you are on 3.10 oe-a' (or oe-a) and you want to use the black theme then download the attached 01-12.bmp and use it instead of the one in the ultimate black theme pack. If it matters, everything except the topmenu works and pop station is OK as far as I know...

I have attached a screenshot of it working on my 3.10 oe-a' psp. (The waves are from custom theme pack 4b)

If this has already been done then just ignore this post.

-EDIT-

I just noticed that all the icons on the internet menu are big white squares... but its not too bad - they still appear they just become squares as they 'glow' then return to an icon again.

lions3231
February 28th, 2007, 01:48
AWESOME
good job M8

cha0ticbliss
February 28th, 2007, 03:28
Cool. I have yet to customize, but maybe I'll give it a go with this...

HAMMIEZ
February 28th, 2007, 17:03
Cool. I have yet to customize, but maybe I'll give it a go with this...

yea just so as you know - you still need to download the full package of the ultimate xmb, just flash this background instead of the included one.

Heres a link to the full package http://dl.qj.net/General-Apps/pg/12/fid/12979/catid/151