PDA

View Full Version : Emulator wish list - that may actually be possible

crookedmouth
February 28th, 2007, 04:42
I love the MSX, Amstrad, c64, and speccy emulators. The touchscreen is ideal for this kind of emulation .
I am an old 8-bit computer and 80's console buff and was wondering if anyone has caught wind of or is working on any of the following emulators for the DS.

Apple 2
Atari 800
BBC Micro
Intelivision

Thank you

Sunflash
February 28th, 2007, 20:21
This may sound a little silly but seen as there is a mario 64 DS I think it would be awesome if someone could port Ocarina of time to DS or if nintedo tried to do it officially.

DanTheManMS
February 28th, 2007, 22:30
This may sound a little silly but seen as there is a mario 64 DS I think it would be awesome if someone could port Ocarina of time to DS or if nintedo tried to do it officially.

An official port may be possible, but not an unofficial port (no source code) or an emulator (no power). See this stickied topic (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34521) for some more details.

crookedmouth
March 4th, 2007, 00:06
I forgot PCEngine too. That would be slick.

DanTheManMS
March 4th, 2007, 08:07
Tried PCEAdvance? Only works on the GBA, but if you have a slot-2 card with GBA support, it should work fine.

crookedmouth
March 4th, 2007, 19:17
Thanks, yes I love all Flubba's emulators. I have an X-Rom. His Coleco and MSX are also incredible. While the rom compatibility of PCEAdvance is incredible the speed isn't always the best even with IRQ timing off. I'm seriously not complaining about PCEAdvance, lol. I didn't think the gba was capable of that until I played Kyuukyoku Tiger. Just perfect.
Anyway, Flubba hinted about releasing something very soon for the DS on his website, wonder if it might be a port of PCEAdvance, PCEDS perhaps? :)

maxipower90
March 22nd, 2007, 11:12
i have an owl fatty Ds how would i put an Snes emulator on it ?? Could i ?? cause i need Super Metroid

DanTheManMS
March 22nd, 2007, 23:39
What homebrew device do you have?

DancinWookie
March 23rd, 2007, 16:08
I got something that might peek the interest of the psx people like me. There is a emulator for the PDA that runs PSX amazingly, these guys have acquired leaps and bounds with their software. I read on their forum that they may be some code done for the Nintendo DS. But I think that may need some support.

http://www.fpsece.net/

I tested it on a PDA it works wonderful on destruction derby and other games. You can say in a way my PDA is weaker than the DS, the only thing going for the PDA is its processing speed, but it lacks everything else, sadly.

Maybe someone in this forum could get a hold of these guys and see whats going down, maybe get some source code to produce their own.