PDA

View Full Version : Wifi Signal Range Increase for PSP

CaptainMorgan4
February 28th, 2007, 17:56
Anyone know if there's something you can buy so your range on Wifi can reach out longer? Anyone know the actual length the standard psp Wifi range is anyway? I mean I'm fine when I'm at the crib but I'm saying it would be nice to have a longer range.

pt9087
February 28th, 2007, 18:24
Thats all to do with ur router, buy a better router.
One problem tho, 802.11g is the strongest router. but the psp is not compatable with that.

jonezybaby
February 28th, 2007, 18:48
if ur happy sendin it 2 sum1 that nos wat there doin they can extend the range! at the mo its like 100metres or sumet and ur u mod it, it becomes 300 metres..

Edit: Just Checked Up on it and its 100ft so it will increase to 300ft

CaptainMorgan4
February 28th, 2007, 21:22
Yeah pt9087 you didn't get what I was saying, jonezybaby you did. Anyone know where to send it or is there some tutorial that shows you how to do it yourself. What do you have to do change your wifi card or something?

Kamon
February 28th, 2007, 21:38
30 meters
and yeah buy a better router

CaptainMorgan4
February 28th, 2007, 22:44
There's nothing wrong with my router guys I'm just trying to get a better range, so I can pickup more signals. When I'm around my house I'm fine I can always get online, it's just like when I'm around school or something I have stores outside of school that have wifi but I can't pick it up because it's a little too far. I figured if I could get more range I could get online during my teacher's aide periods since all I do there is play psp.

Triv1um
February 28th, 2007, 23:53
Its the router that sends out the signal, the psp receves it. If you cant pick something up, its because that router isn't kicking out enough juice for how far you want it to go.

If someone had a gun that shot 10 Meters (crap gun I know, haha) and you was wearing a bulletproof vest 15 meters away from the gun, it wouldn6 matter how good the vest is, because it wouldn't reach.