PDA

View Full Version : Multi-tracked PSX games

Skelix1
February 28th, 2007, 22:06
Hello everyone, first I'm new here and new to the whole PSP experience. I've found this forum very knowledgeable and helpful. Already received help from a couple of users and I appreciate it.

I currently have a PSP I upgraded to 3.03 OE-C.

I'm able to play my RPG's and various other PSX games I own on my PSP. But I can't seem to get the multi-tracked (game+audio) games working.

I've done what I think is a lot of research, and every "Play your PSX on PSP" guides etc only deal with your standard single tracks.

I even attempted a trick to isolate the data from the music (I'd never feel right about this as the background music is needed imo), but the eboots never seemed to work.

I know this is possible as everyone is ranting and raving about SOTN, but alas I have yet to get it working.

Any help, suggestions? links? PM's would be greatly appreciated.

hodgy47
February 28th, 2007, 23:15
Try using CDRWin from golden hawk technology thats what i use and have no problem converting the multitrack game to .bin then to eboot and they have all worked so far, the other thing you need to do is use ntsc format cos pal causes problems with games working so you will need a PAL to NTSC converter too and finally try installing 3.10oe if do you not plan to customize your top menu cos you cant in 3.10oe but it does have better support for pops and then download the plugin for pops from DA's website to play psx games from all versions of popstation.

Skelix1
February 28th, 2007, 23:38
OK thanks for the response, I'll give this a try.

I don't have any PAL titles, from everything I've read. People generally liked the 3.03 OE-C the best. I've read where 3.10 can be buggy? -> but I'm def for more compatible PSX playability.

I'll send you a PM if I still have trouble.

BTW I'm currently using Alcohol 120% and tried out the MagicIso (to pull just the data), but I'll look into CDRWin.

Cloudhunter
February 28th, 2007, 23:46
Try using CDRWin from golden hawk technology thats what i use and have no problem converting the multitrack game to .bin then to eboot and they have all worked so far, the other thing you need to do is use ntsc format cos pal causes problems with games working so you will need a PAL to NTSC converter too and finally try installing 3.10oe if do you not plan to customize your top menu cos you cant in 3.10oe but it does have better support for pops and then download the plugin for pops from DA's website to play psx games from all versions of popstation.

Actually, PAL games work fine in 3.10+ POPS.

Cloudy

hodgy47
March 1st, 2007, 00:18
OK thanks for the response, I'll give this a try.

I don't have any PAL titles, from everything I've read. People generally liked the 3.03 OE-C the best. I've read where 3.10 can be buggy? -> but I'm def for more compatible PSX playability.

I'll send you a PM if I still have trouble.

BTW I'm currently using Alcohol 120% and tried out the MagicIso (to pull just the data), but I'll look into CDRWin.

Yeah no probs if stuck pm me. 3.10oe-a works well with pops it is really only if you into custom stuff if cos wont let you change much and with the plug in for pops you can play games converted in any version of popstation.

Skelix1
March 1st, 2007, 21:01
OK here's the issue I'm having now.

I'm able to get the multi-track images converted to eboots and working fine, only if I have psp in usb mode and make them directly on the psp.

Now though it seems when I get something working, a previously loaded game will stop working.

Like for example my SNES player stopped working, loads the little intro then just black screens.

FFVII was working does the little Playstation logo, then black screen. I'm attempted a memory card reformat and starting over.

Could my memory card be damaged or is playing these games a constant delete them, re-install them etc?

jonezybaby
March 1st, 2007, 21:54
try clonecd, ive used that since day 1 and have 100% success with it, i woodnt use anything else.

Skelix1
March 2nd, 2007, 00:30
I have a really odd work around, single track psx games (seems like its mostly RPG's), I'm able to make the image and use popstation to make an eboot on my computer. From there I can just cut and paste to psp in usb mode.

Multi-tracks, I tried CDRwin. But when I pop them I need to do it to the PSP through usb, to the /Game folder.

If by chance I don't do the multi track that way, not only will it not work (game can not load error whatever), but then it seems to make all the other games I have on not work (including snes emulator).

So then I have to format stick and start all over.

So this is definetly abnormal eh? :)

I mean this ultimately works.. but seems odd, why should it matter if I'm moving it from computer or popping it right on my psp?

hodgy47
March 2nd, 2007, 00:48
Have you tried copying it back to pc after popping to psp and putting it back on psp to see if it still works cos if it does its a long way round but you could keep em your harddrive then and just keep transfering them when u need.

Skelix1
March 2nd, 2007, 16:19
Ah good call, I'll have to give that a try later on today, it's just annoying because like I say when I make a "bad" one and try to run it. It somehow destroys everything in the /game and /game150 directories.

hodgy47
March 2nd, 2007, 16:33
What do u use to covert psx games to pops