View Full Version : i have version 2.81 and...
March 1st, 2007, 00:52
I wanted to know if it was possible to downgrade that or is it only 2.80?
March 1st, 2007, 00:58
well for u to downgrade, u need to upgrade to 3.03, and use an unpatched GTA LCS game to run the downgrader
March 1st, 2007, 21:23
I don't think you have to upgrade to 3.03 to downgrade. I'm pretty sure (but you might want to double check me on this) that the downgrader works on any Firmware provided you have an unpatched LCS.
March 1st, 2007, 21:30
If you're on version 2.80 you can downgrade without using an unpathed UMD of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. If it's between 2.81 or 3.03 you must downgrade via GTA in from 3.03. If it's 3.10 or higher then you are out of luck.
March 1st, 2007, 21:32
no, u do have to update to 3.03 before downgrading. Every site you see links to the 3.03 Update: from PSPupdates:
1. Update to firmware 3.03. If already have this firmware then proceed to step 2.
2. Open the 3.03 downgrade file and copy the contents of the folder MS_ROOT to the root of your memory stick.
3. Open the 1.5 update and rename the EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP then copy it to /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/
Make sure not to overwrite PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP
4. Load Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (unpatched)
5. It should get to loading save game, clear the screen, the screen should fill with a light blue color and then reset the PSP
(If this does not happen see below)
6. Check that HEN is running by going to system settings then System Information and it should show up as system version 303 HEN
7. If it is showing up as 3.03 HEN then go to the memory stick and run the x.yz update
8. Before the downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask for you to agree to what it is doing
If you no longer want to continue press the Right Shoulder Button (R-TRIGGER).
9. Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not unplug the PSP
10. Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, after pressing it will reset it self.
11. If it comes up saying that the settings are corrupt press X to continue.
12. Enjoy your new shiny 1.5 PSP.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.