PDA

View Full Version : what firware do you need for devhook?

undefind
March 1st, 2007, 04:11
i have FW 2.01. i cant find for the life of me where to get a working devhook version. everything i read says it is only for 1.5.

is there any other way to play .iso's if that is the case?

cha0ticbliss
March 1st, 2007, 04:15
hmm... maybe if everything says it needs 1.5, you should go to 1.5

and... no iso talk or else you shall be banned.

JKKDARK
March 1st, 2007, 04:53
you should use the dark alex's custom firmwares. devhook is useless

hodgy47
March 1st, 2007, 09:50
I agree totally dev hook is dated custom is the way forward (why have cotton when you can have silk) you need to downgrade and then up to a custom FW like 3.03oe-c or 3.10-oe-a and enjoy homebrew without problems or loaders.

BTW iso talk is strictly forbidden.

elitedeegull
March 1st, 2007, 14:35
I have 3.10 oe-a, and I can play my psx rips from my game cd. That's legal. You could also download them, but that's illegal if you don't own the game. But if you don't care, then g4u.

hodgy47
March 1st, 2007, 14:44
I hate to repeat myself BUT any talk of ISO's and encouraging PIRACY will get you banned from these forums that is not what these forums are for they are to help people out LEGALLY!!!!!!!!! you need to get a grasp of the legal issues before you advise someone.

elitedeegull
March 1st, 2007, 14:46
I wasn't talking about isos, my friend. I was talking about making a backup of a CD ps1 game that I OWN, and making a LEGAL backup of it on my psp, which Sony made it possible for me to do. NOT illegal.

hodgy47
March 1st, 2007, 14:55
You could also download them, but that's illegal if you don't own the game. But if you don't care, then g4u.

Thats the line in question which i do believe is illegal

elitedeegull
March 1st, 2007, 15:28
No, I was warning him that it is illegal to download games you don't own. I also simply stated that you can still do it, but it would be illegal

hodgy47
March 1st, 2007, 16:07
Yeah OK? Its for your sake cos the mods are checking all the time and they do ban people it was only advice.

Triv1um
March 1st, 2007, 17:36
Well maybe you should leave that to the mods?

Its not your job.

hodgy47
March 1st, 2007, 17:54
OK no probs let people get banned bad job when when cant advise people and that said how is what i say your problem?

-EDIT-
Its that kind of talk about illegal stuff that gets respectable forums like this closed but if your happy to sit back and do nothing feel free i for one like it here and find it useful. and we as members should warn new members if they risk getting themselves banned for there own sakes so shoot me for helping.