PDA

View Full Version : How to game share on one UMD: TOCA3?

Baboon
March 1st, 2007, 12:58
I've got the game Toca 3 (the next best thing to GT on PSP) and I've been having dificulty playing the game in mutiplayer using the gameshare option.

I can host a game fine and two of my mates can find the game, but when they attempt to join the game it doesnt seem to do anything? On my psp I can see their player names and theres even a green light next to their names saying that they are joining, but once you go to start the game the only player that races is the host? ...if i go to the lobby you can the other player names, but the lobby seems to be as far as the other players get?

Has anbody got this game or ever had any problems previously with the gameshare function?

I never have any problem with adhoc normaly (Snes, Nj's emus, UMD's etc) but this gameshare mode just doesnt seem to work??

hodgy47
March 2nd, 2007, 12:31
I am almost certain that game sharing is only for mini games pics and game fmv's if the game you are playing supports it, it wont actually share the game to do that you need the game on all psp's.

Baboon
March 2nd, 2007, 13:52
Thanks for the reply, but thankfully I’ve got it working now! :)

I just hosted a game on my lunch break in work and 3 other people were able to join in the game via gameshare all from my one umd! :)

To get it to work we all went into our network settings and changed them all to ‘channel 1’ adhoc mode instead of auto. Once in game as the host I just made sure that everyone had a green light next to their names before I stated up.

Great graphics, sound and playability plus the multiplayer experience on this game is amazing, I’d highly recommend it!...Check it out! :)

hodgy47
March 2nd, 2007, 15:43
Will do i have that game and did not think you could do that i will definately be trying that.