PDA

View Full Version : "Big" GDC announcement for Harrison

wraggster
March 1st, 2007, 18:27
Phil Harrison's got a big announcement up his giant sleeve for next week's Game Developer Conference in San Francisco, according to Sony, which will be outlined in his keynote speech on Wednesday, 7th March, at 18:30 GMT.

"All I can say is we've said there's going to be a big announcement at GDC, and Phil's Keynote speech will form the basis of that," a spokesperson for Sony told Eurogamer this afternoon.

His talk will revolve around developing and creating games for the third age of videogames, delving into the meaning of "always on", and the opportunities presented by connected communities of players and developers.

Given that, we'd expect the "big announcement" will have something to do with the company's online strategy. However, we're open to suggestions; maybe the PSP will stick onto the PS3 and create a unique media-hub window, or perhaps there's a giraffe in the blu-ray disc drive. We're just not sure.

via eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=73605)

Accordion
March 1st, 2007, 20:12
im guessing it means confirmation of worldwide psp connectivity, and some sort of supported[via payment] homebrew community for both formats

...possibly

Buddy4point0
March 1st, 2007, 20:19
cool

theketchupman
March 1st, 2007, 20:20
"perhaps there's a giraffe in the blu-ray disc drive. " BIG LOL !

probably the interconnexion PSP / MP3 Keys / PS3

Chameleon
March 2nd, 2007, 20:20
Giraffe dude thats crazy i heard that it was a buffalo, I dont know where you're getting your info:)