PDA

View Full Version : X-Flash Source Code Released

wraggster
March 1st, 2007, 23:00
Art (http://xflash.pspstuff.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=403) has released the source code to his X-Flash app for the PSP, heres the details:

Hi Guys,
Regrettably, I won't be able to update X-Flash in the near future, due to work
commitments.

I was only planning to add support for one later DAX firmware, since the topmenu_plugin
mods don't work after that.

The release if X-Flash source code does not mean that I won't update it someday.
It is quite likely that one day, out of nowhere, an official V19 will appear unexpectedly

I must warn PSP owners against using any derivative.. how do I put it...
attempted updated produced by lamers.
I would find it offensive to see X-Flash updates
with no real merrit appearing on forums, although I expect it to happen.
X-Flash has become diffucult program to keep up with myself, let alone somone
else coming allong and trying to understand it.
The released source is not obfuscated in any way. The three letter variable
names are left as original, and many of them did mean something to me.

Please do not ask for support. You will not recieve any from me for the same
reason that I cannot produce updates.

X-Flash source is released for educational purposes for all the people who
wanted to know how I did various things.., not to encourage offspring.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E3X64XN7

Cheers, Art.

Shrygue
March 1st, 2007, 23:02
God that's a shame that Art isn't going to update X-Flash for a long while....still I'll check out the source code he has released anyway.

V3N0M
March 1st, 2007, 23:18
It is a shame... I really enjoyed X-Flash but its important to understand that Art needs to keep up with his work out side of Coding for the Homebrew scene. Anyways Best of luck to you Art!

jaws365
March 2nd, 2007, 00:00
Respect!

But I was waiting for it to support 3.10 OE-A..

Triv1um
March 2nd, 2007, 00:02
awww man, no x-flash updates.

ah well, he will always be in our 'art's... get it?

haha *tumbleweed*

jman420
March 2nd, 2007, 01:23
that was a realy stupid idea... just think of all the people that now know how to access the flash on a PSP... someone could program a bricker from this I'm sure

EvilSeph
March 2nd, 2007, 02:10
jman420, it's called Google.

It's already so easy to find out how to access the flash and I haven't seen any decent brickers yet.

ab88
March 2nd, 2007, 02:13
that was a realy stupid idea... just think of all the people that now know how to access the flash on a PSP... someone could program a bricker from this I'm sure

Anyone can have access to the psp's flash. It's not like it's forbidden code that only 1337 programmers know how to use. I however do fear for the lame "X-Flash" updates (not that all have to be)

Besides it's the source it takes some knowledge to understand what it is all about.

baracki96
March 2nd, 2007, 02:50
the source is really interesting stuff to look at. Thanks for all the excellence you have brought to the scene, and maybe this source will help other flash programs such as flashagent to equal or surpass XFLASH in the future.

mnuhaily22
March 2nd, 2007, 06:03
when is he makin a new release...

guardiansnowman
March 2nd, 2007, 09:21
Aww man... ive always liked this app. and its one of the very few tht i would trust. it sucks tht art has left (maybe not forever...) but i understand why....
Thanks for eveything u have done Art!

DarthPaul
March 2nd, 2007, 10:32
I was waiting for a new X-Flash to come out since the release of 3.10 0E. But well...it didn't came...Then the good Flash Agent made it's appereance and now I'm using Flash Agent instead of X-Flash.

StealthCP
March 2nd, 2007, 11:33
Source Code used for educational purposes, correct. This is very useful, and will help coders realize how Art does his handiwork, because I must say, X_Flash is a most amazing program. However, I will not be trusting any unofficial releases. If a bricker is written, which could very well possibly happen, I daresay that they would wreck recovery too, as it is just another part of the firmware. However, I have not seen any brickers recently, there are only two to date, so hopefully no-one has the incentive to create one any time soon, preferably ever. :)

Chameleon
March 2nd, 2007, 20:09
Im on 3.10OE' :) I think its pretty simple just to access flash0 via Recovery