PDA

View Full Version : USB Ports on PS2 and the PSP

CeeGEE -I
March 1st, 2007, 23:36
I had gotten my brother the PS2 long time ago. Since I have the psp, is it possible to hook up the psp to the ps2 and play my psp games through the ps2 like you can with the ps3?

Cloudhunter
March 1st, 2007, 23:49
No, you can't even do that with the PS3...

Cloudy

CeeGEE -I
March 2nd, 2007, 00:42
No, you can't even do that with the PS3...

Cloudy
Are you sure about that? On the PSP there's a section called remote play. Click on that and it says this feature allows operation of the ps3 system over a wireless network using a psp system.
Then you gotta create a network connection on the psp to match the remote play settings of the ps3 system. - This enables you to play psp games on the ps3.
That sucks though about the ps2, what are the USB ports for then on the ps2?

samJRulz
March 2nd, 2007, 20:45
Theyre on the PS2 so u can play that kacky singstar and bloody Eye toy

DUH!!!!!!

But u were the wrong way round u can play PS3 content on a PSP:thumbup:

Solid_Snake1337
April 6th, 2007, 20:37
to clearify things,

-no, you cant hook up a PSP to a PS2 through a USB cable. but, it is possible to buy an adapter fer a PS2 and hook up fer online play, through an ethernet cable. the ethernet cable goes from
Point A.) yer modem
to
Point B.) yer PS2
however, you'll need a broadband connection to do so.

-yes, you can hook up yer PSP to a PS3. there is such a function, as CeeGEE -I was saying, and this feature works fer games like Metal Gear Ac!d 2.

Silence2112
May 9th, 2007, 13:07
to clearify things,

-no, you cant hook up a PSP to a PS2 through a USB cable. but, it is possible to buy an adapter fer a PS2 and hook up fer online play, through an ethernet cable. the ethernet cable goes from
Point A.) yer modem
to
Point B.) yer PS2
however, you'll need a broadband connection to do so.

-yes, you can hook up yer PSP to a PS3. there is such a function, as CeeGEE -I was saying, and this feature works fer games like Metal Gear Ac!d 2.

To re-reclarify things...

-Yes you can hook up the PSP to a PS2 through a USB cable. You can use it for Crosstalk such as in Socom, or with an exploited PS2, use it to boot ELF files off the PSP memory stick while in USB Mode on PSP.
-That Remote Play has connected, but I've never gotten the damn thing farther then the XMB on the PS3.

TTownEP
December 5th, 2007, 05:38
You can also use the USB ports to grab pictures from GT4 and put them on your PC. Or hook up a printer and print the pics as well. You can use it to charge things like iPods and stuff if your USB ports are limited on your PC or if it is in a better location in your house as far as where you want to do the charging.